Tricks and Treats

You rushed up the steps just in time to see Mahito molding his hand into a weapon. You immediately took a few steps back and crouched to avoid getting hit in his attack toward Yuji.

Chains with sickles? Holy shit! You watched from your spot hidden on the stairway as Mahito shredded through the school hall. Itadori was frantically but successfully dodging the multi-chained weapon.

Mahito created a hole in the side of the building during the fight. Yuji jumped backward and out of the hole, landing on the ground outside as Mahito stayed in the building. The curse then formed his fist into a spike, aiming it toward Yuji.

Now that it was clear to enter the scene, you took the few steps up and were now on the same floor as Mahito. Your chain stretched across your two hands as you noticed he was in perfect range. You gripped the mid of the chain in your palm and began swinging one of the ends rapidly. You then slightly loosened your hold and sent one end forward. "I would move out of the way if I were you." You said as Mahito shot the spike out the hole in order to hit Yuji. His eyebrows furrowed, hearing the voice that was coming from beside him. As soon as he turned to you, his face was satisfyingly smooched by the end of your manriki.

His body was sent flying out of the Yuji's vision. "Y/n be careful!" Yuji yelled out.

Mahito crashed into some lockers and after he got up, he smirked at you. "Wow, you are one annoying girl." She's fortunately one of the sorcerers that can't touch my soul hehe. "You are aware you can't touch my soul righ-

You lurched your manriki and it wrapped around Mahito's leg. You weren't here to chat any longer, so his words were nothing but a waste of breath. You yanked the chain back, making him lose his footing and you threw him into the wall, and then slammed him into the other side, then the wall again, and then the other side. You repeated this format until you couldn't recognize his face...or the rest of his bashed body.  You felt like that wasn't enough so you decided to direct your manriki into the ceiling with his crusty ass still attached. His back then hit the floor and he lay there sprawled out with widened eyes.

(Idk if you can tell but I hate Mahito's guts. I'm his #1 hater 🤷🏾♀️)

The force of the impact caused the ceiling to crumble. You solemnly watched the ceiling debris litter the space surrounding him. You released the chain from his leg and began to approach him while speaking with a cold tone. "Good thing I don't need to touch your soul to fuck your shit up. I don't give a damn about whether I can touch your soul or not. If Yuji's still alive, I'm doing my job just fine. As long as he's not dead, touching your soul does not matter to me."

"Oh? You have more strength than I anticipated. It's still nothing to worry about though." He replied.

Earlier, you had chided yourself for letting him get to you by killing Junpei. You started reacting with your emotions but you were secretly glad he interrupted you. Those feelings of grief and anguish that Mahito caused to stir up inside of you, you shoved them deep down and you hoped they would never find a way out. If you let yourself be vulnerable emotionally or physically, you're dead. You told yourself you could worry about the consequences of your actions later but now, you need to be level-headed and forget the fate of the boy that you once knew.

You didn't care to respond to his insult. You resumed the fight as soon as he stopped talking. You aimed the end of your chain toward his head. The weight was meant to dig right into his skull but he changed his form and maneuvered his body to avoid being hit.

Huh? Hm. He can change his body into any object it seems.

He charged toward you and you ducked as he swung a blade at your head. "Motherfucker." You spat out at him and he swiftly took hold of the other end of the weapon in your hand. He yanked you in his direction and dug his foot into your abdomen, kicking you out of the hole in the wall.