Unfettered

You were sitting cross-legged on your bed, playing with the phone in your hands. You were debating on whether you should or shouldn't do it. Has enough time passed? Should you have texted earlier? Will you have to handle the horrible feeling of guilt if you're hated for your actions? These thoughts ate away at you for a while.

"Just text them Y/n."

"That's what I wanna do Megumi. I'm just nervous."

"I'll text for you if it scares you that much, but you can't leave ends like this untied. It's not fair. If you get a bad reaction, I'm here and I'll help you through it. So either I do it or you do it."

"I'll do it. I guess no matter how much time I spend trying to feel better I can't get rid of the nerves."

"That's a completely human reaction and I understand. If you feel like you can't do it just hand the phone over to me. It doesn't have to be a long message either. Just give them an update and apologize ONLY if you feel you need to. I won't send anything without your approval first if I end up having to say it."

"...Thanks Megumi." You begrudgingly opened your messaging app.

'Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I'm okay. I don't have any permanent damage from my wounds, except maybe some scars. I promise you I'm okay and I'm doing better at the moment. I know that words won't fix things but I did want to apologize for what happened. None of it was intended from the start on my side of things. I didn't want to go through with any of the actions I committed. Horrible isn't even close to describing how I feel about the situation, it's so much worse. I completely understand if you want nothing to do with me, just let me know please.'

"Megumi does this look good?" You showed him your phone screen.

"It doesn't need to be perfect. As long as you got your point across. Did you want me to send it for you?" He asked.

"Yea, I can barely hold my phone right now. My hand is shaking and I have that horrible feeling stirring in my stomach from anxiety." You handed him your phone.

"I know Y/n. Take a deep breath and if you want to go outside and get fresh air we can go." He took your phone and sent the message.

"No no it's okay, I think I'm good, for now at least."

Hey Y/n,
Don't be worried about us. We know what happened and I'm hoping for the best to come your way. You did what you had to do for your life and I understand that so I'm not mad at you at all. Of course I still feel off since they were my friend and I had known them for awhile but there's no excuse for their actions. You should not have had to go through that and I'm not going to defend the other party in this situation. I just hoped you didn't suffer any permanent injuries that stop you from reaching your future goals. I've actually been worried that you would end up hating us because we were friends with them. So I also understand if you don't want to talk to us anymore ~Amari

Megumi read the message aloud to you. "What did you wanna say?"

That makes me feel a bit better. "Uhm okay uh-

Megumi interrupted you. "Oh someone else said something. Hold on I'll read it."

I fully agree with Amari. Kinda bummed about the after effects though. Me and Amari are moving out out the house, we definitely can't stay there after what happened. You don't need to apologize at all, you had every right to do what you did. I would've done the same in your situation. I see what you did as very brave and just know that we are most definitely not angry with you. I'm glad I met you and so is Amari! ~Elliot

"Here, I'll text 'em back. Thank you." You took the phone from him.

'Thank you so much, I do feel relieved now. I don't hate either of you. You guys weren't involved with it at all. That's all I wanted to ask and tell you guys about. I did wanna say something else actually. I know that some things were going on with all of us...I'm really sorry, but after everything happened, I am not ready for a committed relationship. I don't even want to pursue one at this moment in time. I'm not ready and I'd rather focus on school at the moment, what I should focus on is friends and school. I would like to stay friends right now.'

You're right, it's not really the best idea to try and seek out a relationship right now involving you. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know that you are okay Y/n! We appreciate it. We will text you later, dealing with house stuff at the moment. Please keep us updated! Cya! ~Amari

You turned off your phone after responding to them. "I just said thank you and ttyl. How do you think that went Gumi?"

"I think it went just fine and that you were overthinking."

"I was not! What I was thinking about was very likely to happen!"

"Yea but if they were decent humans at all, they would've reacted the way that they did just now. If they were mad I would understand but at the same time. Their friend was out here trying to kill people. If they were mad at you and not their friend I'd be concerned." He said.

You opened your arms. "Thank you Megumi you are the best!"

"Why are you doing that?"

"What do you mean why? I want to give you a hug for helping me. I'm grateful."

"A thank you in words will do."

"You're no fun..."

He stared at you unamused and then rolled his eyes, approaching you and giving you a very brief short half hug. "That's all you get. Now are you okay? I don't wanna leave you alone if you aren't."

"Yes I'm fine I promise. You can go do whatever you need to."

"You know I'm only a call or text away right?" He asked you.

"That's obvious." You said.

"Just reminding you. I'll come back to check on you every now and then if I don't see you come out of this room in a while. If you need space though just let me know."

Megumi is so sweet. He may not want to admit it but he really does care for all of us, even Gojo. "Bye Megumi! I'll be okay."

"Alright, see ya Y/n."

This was just a short chapter dealing with Y/n and the other people. I love Megumi though. He's so caring.