Chapter 6

"We actually have to go", Audri stood and attempted to wipe off the sand that made its way onto her romper. Shigure sighed and stood up as well, making sure to match her pace whether if she moved or not. It was an instinctive relationship the two have built up over the years of being stuck together. It was always them two, and despite Audri's annoyance of him. They were stuck together in more ways then one. 

    Audrina turned and was faced with a group of 4 teenage boys. "Honestly Senseí it's nice to have someone to control your weird behavior."

   Before Audrina stood Haru, an excited Momji, and an indifferent Yuki and Kyo that seemed to ignore the presence of Audri and focus all their attention on what Shigure was implying. "Hey boys", Audri greeted politely. Momoji's eye nearly popped out of his head at the sight of Audri and took this opportunity to make up their last encounter which failed.

   He shouted her name and jumped to her. She successfully caught him in her arms with a lively giggle.

   "Hello Momoji", she huffed not expecting the weight that he brought along. The sunshine tone in his eyes gleamed with excitement and she softly smiled almost forgetting the mass of people surrounding her. So she positioned him to where she held him on her back and looked back up to the trio.

   Haru smiled and walked down to stand in-front of her. The steps creating an unequal balance that left him to stand taller than her. "Audri, I'm glad you made it"

   She nodded and gave him another of her special soft smiles, " Of course, now I'll see you all later", she settles down Momoji and starts walking up the stairs, Shigure following behind and obnoxiously waving to everyone in his dramatic ways. 

   "We were just about to smash Watermelons would care to join us", Momoji pulled on the waist of her romper.

   She softly smiled as her heart softened slightly at the invitation. These kids were the only ones she actually would care for. Given she didn't want any of her own. Not out of the burden of the curse but she always was one to want to be able to travel without the worry for responsibility.

   "I can't right now unfortunately", It was evident that everyone looked bummed out and her eyes widened when Yuki scrunched his eyebrows. It was a silent cue.... "But, I'll stop by later and I'll let you decide what we do........ No matter what you pick, I'll enjoy.", she spoke as a send off as she walked off. Shigure stood behind for a couple of seconds and looked around to the facial expressions.

  Momoji couldn't have had a bigger smile and was already shaking from excitement. Hiro was still looking off at Audris figure with distraught. Kisa and Tohru were conversing with each other about what they were going to drag Audri into hearing it was her decision. Haru and Yuki were staring off at her with a sort of desperation for her to turn back around. Kyo simply looked the other way.

   Leaving everyone behind, Shigure caught up to Audri. "Where to now", his usual playing demeanor was masked by that of a serious tone.In fact that's how she knew he had calmed down.

   "Back to the annex, I guess...... oh and I was going to ask you....... About Hatori"

  "I presume you saw the photo", he sighed and crossed his arms.

Audrina looked up to him and nodded. "Yea..... I did. I also heard that she's remarried."

   Shigure hummed while keeping his eyes closed. "It's a shame really, he still hasn't got over that terrible heart break. However, I saw him earlier. To be truthful I think he is finally starting to break loose."

   Audrina, turned her focus back out to the glistening sea. She didn't have anything else to say except a nod of understanding. It was nice to know that Hatori was able to move on. Better than someone she knew. Maybe she convinced herself that she has moved on. That visiting his grave, and drinking to oblivion on his birthday was moving on. Better than it lasting a week.