Chapter 53

"You need to get out."

Audrina peered her eyes over the rim of her drink. In the seat diagonal to her, her friend she met soon after she moved. The settlement into her new surroundings was made easier with Bri. She was willing to help her with adjusting to the culture shock and the little things that she was foreign to.

"I am.", she settled the cup down. "Out."

They were at a brunch restaurant, outside under one of the umbrella tables. The sun was  just reaching its  high point, the clock hitting twelve. Audrina, thought she says otherwise, had found habit in her home. While she finds her time to go  out like such, it's become a sparse occurrence.

"That's not what I mean", she narrowed her eyes, calling out the woman's oblivious understanding. "I've yet to see you try and hold more of a small conversation with anyone other than me."

Audrina took in a fork full of food, not bothered by what she was insinuating. Usually she would avoid this conversation for it always led to the same topic. Every time. But something about this time around wanted to prove her wrong.

"This guy yesterday, I held a whole 6 minute conversation with him", she said sarcastically, "You'd be proud."

Bri huffed, catching through her clear tone. "Name?"

"Ezra", Audrina answered. No hesitation.

"He's from here.?"

"Just transferred job locations "

"Attractive?"

"To an extent.", Audrina shrugged. "But does that matter?"

Bri leaned back into her chair, folding her arms over each other. One of her eyebrows lifted, beknowst to Audrina as she continued eating her food. Bri waited till she lifted her gaze from the unanswered question.

"What?", she asked.

"You don't like to talk about someone you've been with for over 2 years", she leaned forward resting her forearms on the table. "Why is that."

Bri watched as Audrina's eyes opened wide at the straightforward question. She hardly mentions Kieran to anyone. Bri has to ask the questions to dig deeper. The only time people know more than his name, is when they ask.

And even when they do, their is some hesitancy in Audrina's end.

"Odd question", she turned down, making her main focus the dish in front of her.

"Wouldn't be so odd if you bragged", she scoffed,   "You know everything about my husband. I hardly know what Kieran does for a living."

A frown appeared on Audrina's face as she started picking at her food instead of actually putting anything on her fork. Bri saw her face turn, and felt there was something she'd miss.

"What he do?"

Audrina immediately shook her head. "He didn't do anything. I think that's the problem." Bri didn't say anything, allowing Audrina to continue. She hasn't told Kieran what's been bothering her. Feeling like it would be weird on her part to bring it to light. "He just seems ok with how long it's been since we've seen each other. I'm trying to not sound.... needy. But-.", she shrugged, taking another sip from her drink.

"I get it", Bri spoke sympathetically. Audrina hated the sound of her voice. Like her situation wasn't going to get any better. "You should probably tell him."

"He has a life. A job, and-."

Once again Bri cut her off, "Babe. Wake up.", Audrina looked up, her eyebrows shooting to the top of her head at that sudden change of voice. "If you don't think that at least half of his 'life' is not wrapped around you and making you happy, then you definitely need to talk to him."