Chapter 41

"Someone help! Someone! Anyone! Come quickly!"

Audrina heard the cry and picked up her pace, Kyo just a hair behind her. She recognized the voice. Even out of its natural tone, she knew it to be Akito. She was at the house in no more than a few minutes. Running towards the open front door and froze when she saw Akito.

"What's going on?", she looked to her then Shigure. Further, she walked passed the female and up to Shigure who was one the phone.

"No. Akito is fine", he met Audrina's eyes, seeing Kyo at the front door. His shadow over Akito. "It's Tohru... seems she fell off a cliff."

"What..", Audrina whispered in disbelief. She heard Kyo's footsteps run off to where she assumed Tohru was. And she was about to go after him, already a step until she felt a hand wrap around her forearm.

"Yes, she is here.", he continued talking on the phone. She snapped out of his grasp and turned with rage. He reassured her that Yuki called the ambulance and is staying with Tohru until they come. That was before his eyes widened from whatever that person said on the other line. "Really? That's unexpected."

And with no other explanation he handed the phone to her. She scrunched her eyebrows, frantic by all what was happening.

"Hatori. What's going on?"

I should be asking you that.

Her breath hitched. And a million question struck her all at once. But one dominated:

What was he doing there?

She was frozen staring up at Shigure with wide eyes. "Wha-what.", she took a deep breath, "What are you doing there Kieran?"

Yea funny you should ask, I stopped by your place to apologize for how I was acting last night. You know after, you turned off your phone. Rin said you were at the estate. And I was going to wait, but the last time you were here, an ambulance came so i didn't. Just to see another ambulance with your cousin or whatever being carried in after being stabbed.

"Hatori!?", she spoke horrified by the possibility. But Kieran backed it up.

No Kureno. Barely missed his spine. But they said he'll be alright.

She sighed a breath of relief. Easing some of the tension. But not all. When she stared back at Shigure with a questioned look, he understood and pointed to Akito. She had stabbed Kureno. Audrina mouth fell slightly, keeping herself quiet as Akito was facing away from them.

Hello?

"Yea I'm here", she scrambled. Making decisions in her head. "Umm can you put Hatori on the phone."

"That's it?", he huffed. "Audrina are you hurt or anyone besides Tohru?"

"No, I'm okay. Listen I just need to ask Hatori which Hospital they are taking Kureno to, then I'll talk with you", she whispered. Her voice going from panic to soft. She made up her mind. There was too many risk.

She didn't initially go to Hatori to apologize. That was one part of the agenda. The other part she chickened out. She was being selfish. And there were now too many instances that she couldn't talk her way out of.

"Ok", he spoke.

With so much trust it pained her when she heard Hatori's voice. And she didn't give him room to protest either. It wasn't a pleas, it was a demand. She couldn't ruin someone else's life like she did with Amrin.

She had to focus on them with the time she still had in Japan. Trying to juggle the Zodiacs with Kieran was a mistake. She's been hard doubts since they first went to the aquarium. And from the amount of times she came back to this very thought, was tell sign that it was the right choice. She just hope she didn't make it too late.