Chapter 24

She showed up, and could barely look him in the eye. That entire week actually. Maybe some part of her didn't regretted her actions, but there was another part of her that did. And what bothered Audrina the most was that she never regretted her actions.

It was the same from the start. Her and Shigure slept together, Akito would find out, throw a rampage, and the rest set history. It's the very reason Shigure called for her at the beach house. The very reason he led Kieran into all this mess. She groaned and put her head down on the desk playing her night with Shigure over and over. No romantic feelings were truly involved. On her end at least.

In Shigure's words there was a different story:

After Hatori returned from Audrina's apartment he waited till she left and went to Shigure who just got out of a banter with Akito. He snuck up on him as he sat on the steps.

"You can't keep doing this.", he started. Shigure startled and turned around. Only relaxing after finding the source of his voice.

"Oh Doc!.... How are you?", he beamed.

Hatori only glared down at him waiting for a real answer to his previous statement. Shigure face fell to the truth behind his mask. Not menacing but, cold. Not caring of how his actions impact others.

"I assume your talking about our Audri." He glanced out into the realm of the estate. The wind  swept across his face. Sign of a new year coming in.

"I'm serious...... and you're aware of-."

"Her new found interest. Yes.... I'm aware."

Hatori scrunched his eyebrows, "Then why do you keep doing this."

Shigure huffed another sigh. He leaned back and stretched his neck to that he looked up at the sun.    "Didn't you notice yet?"

The male crossed his arms, not bothering to answer his question. Shigure chuckled and continued on.

"She came to me this time...... you're right about her being different", He stood, burying his hands under the sides of his kimono. Hatori stood shocked by his statement.

But Shigure on the other hand couldn't say he was any happier to be right. It was only a matter of time before everything changed for the better. But it's never as easy as it seems.

Because there are always bumps in the road towards a destination.

—————————————————

"Do you want me to pick you up tonight?", Kieran walked into her office. Audrina lifted her head and blankly looked at him. She didn't forget his plans. What she did forget was that today was New Years.

"I'm sorry?", she mumbled tilting her head.

Kieran froze. Audrina tried to come to terms with what exactly tonight was, then it finally hit her, "Oh... right it's New Years."

"Oh right...... I survived another whole year.", Kieran joked in a mocking tone. He pulled out her opposite chair to sit in it. She leaned up placing both arms over each other to prop his head up . "Worth celebrating no?"

Definitely. She softly smiled and crossed her arms. She leaned back relaxing on her own chair. "I suppose."

Kieran winked and then sat back up straight. "So what's the plan?"

"You can send me the address. I'll be there."

There was a cloud of disappointment that coated him at her answer. He was hoping she would take up the offer to be there together in all aspects of the upcoming year, but instead he nodded.