Chapter 31

"How long has she been gone?", Kieran softly spoke and pushed back some of Audrina's hair as she was looking at the room Rin had taken over. It has a been a few days since Kieran and her stopped walking around their feelings.

That same day, she was vulnerable in his grasp. She told him about the Sohma's. How there was a.... "System", she called it. Not directly speaking along the lines of her literary turning into an animal. Explaining how the curse was bound to bring everyone together eventually, and finally..... the reason she left was because of Amrin. And how she was cautious of what could happen to him.

He asked her if she needed help getting out of the situation. But she continued to explain there wasn't anything that he could truly do. No matter how much he insisted, she continuously reminded him that it had to be natural, and they both left it off with that.

They were not shy as Kieran came over to her place. Out of the public eye he was able to do such acts, she leaned her head against the door frame looking at the messed up sheets. A cup was on her bedside table, the same one that has been there the past few days. It hasn't moved.

"A few days..", she hummed. She didn't want to call Kazuma just yet to not make anyone else worry, but it's weird for Rin to not be there after strictly ensuring Audrina wouldn't go anywhere herself.

His face came into her peripheral view as he tilted it, looking at her through a concerned gaze, "You don't think she's just with a friend?"

She immediately shook her head, "She texted me and said that she was at the estate. And I don't know if you know this but, Rin is not a people person...... at all."

"I could of guessed that", he mumbled. Audrina gave him the side eye before lightly nudging him. He lightly chuckled before grabbing her hand while simultaneously shutting the door to Rin's room. "I think your being paranoid...... she's a 19 years old girl, probably with a couple of friends doing something stupid."

"Talking from experience?", Audrina rose an eyebrow as she paused in the hallway to look up at him.

"You don't want to know.", he whispered.

She rolled her eyes at that and turned back to head down the hall to the kitchen. She let go of Kieran's hand to reach out to her phone once more and dial Rin's phone. This time it didn't ring, just went straight to voicemail. Her instinct was telling this was more than just her being gone. She would of at least told Audrina no matter if it was a small hint or not.

She couldn't let another day slip by without at least going to the estate. Despite it being well pass Friday, Akito hasn't spoke on her moving in. She thought it strange but once again, knew that intimidation and threats were the only things that Akito had on her, so it was a point she wasn't paying attention to anything that was to come out of her mouth. 

She sighed after setting her phone down and reached across the counter to grab her purse.

"I'll be right back...", she spoke already half-way towards the door. Kieran having his back face towards her didn't see her get up. Her speaking drew his attention and immediately he was walking up.

"Let me go with you.", he spoke sincerely. Audrina looked up and shook her head. Even the pleading in his eyes wasn't enough. Because where she was going, he shouldn't be within 6 feet of. The estate was her only hope, because Rin was only scared of one person. Scared that one person would do something to her. And before Audrina went searching anywhere else, she had to confirm one thing.

"When I come back I'll explain why I can't have you go with me."

"If it's because of that Akito person... spare me.", his attitude rising. Audrina couldn't help but find humor in his tone. She's seen him speak to Ethan with friendly sarcasm, but the true dismissal of Akito, was something she found amusing.