Chapter 35

Audrina had gotten better enough, to take care of herself. The one thing however, that Kieran would catch her doing is taking headache pills more than once a day. The after effect was causing her slight pain to her temple to which she'd hope would go away.

Momoji and Audrina stayed together throughout that night. And a final decision was made, similar to Rin, Momoji would be living with her. He was more than elated to have a place to call home, and even after a couple of days, he has warmed up to Kieran, who hadn't been able to leave her side. Concern still clear in every action he took for her well-being.

Rin was out of the hospital that week. She had dropped her off at Kazuma's after explaining the trip she'd have to take in way too soon. And while Rin was denying partaking on the trip, Momoji was overjoyed when she had offered him to fly half way across the country.

While Momoji was in his now labeled room, packing, Kieran had slid over to her a cup of tea as he watched her take out another pain relief pill.

"Are they any better"

She nodded slowly, "Better."

He looked over he he's done the distance of the hallway. "Are you sure your trip is still a good idea."

"I think it's a bit too late for that", she scoffed. Her flight was early the next morning. And Audrina prepared. She was ready for the interview. The conflict was actually going forth with it. Considering the possibility of she got the job. She looked through her eyelashes at the tanned man in-front of her. He stirred some sugar and honey in his own cup and she blinked back the wave of sadness that consumed her. "Way too late", she repeated through a heavy sigh.

"Audri?", she slowly turned from the light voice that echoed in the hallway. A yellow-headed boy popped his head from the corner of his room. "Will I need cold or hot clothing."

"Half and half", she answered already knowing the weather conditions. "And don't bring any sort of large cosmetics, I'll buy your some when we get there."

"Okay!", he smiled and went back to finishing.

Kieran continued stirring his now sweetened tea, as he heard the way she interacted with Momoji. After witnessing how she acts with all of the Zodiac children. "Do you want kids?"

Audrina chocked as the tea, for sure went down the wrong pipe. She lowered her cup on the counter and stared up to him. Frozen by the question alone, kinda of hesitant to answer.

"Of your own I mean."

"Why?", she got defensive. They both stared at each other for a couple of seconds before she caved. Lowering her head to look into her cup, in a voice barely audible enough she answered, "No."

She didn't look up as the silence fell again. Didn't see Kieran nodding his head slowly. But she took the silence as something else, still stirring the spoon in her cup, the clinking sound being the only sound between them. "Do you?"

"I want a dog."

And like he cut the tension with a sharp knife, Audrina's visibly relaxed. That including the smile that spread on her face. "You're impossible."

"You don't like dogs", he sounded offended.

She sighed aloud. But she wasn't going to let him go for the near heart attack he cause her, "I want a bunny."

Kieran pulled his lips in. It's little movements like that each other have developed. She laughed at that and when it died down her, thought swarmed her again. He took notice at the change of attitude.

Audrina has yet to tell him what the trip was about. And she decided it wasn't necessary until she got a confirmation of the position. Until it became true. Something that big should be held of before her own spirit gets crushed.