Chapter 20

"I thought I told you 6:00.", Audrina glared at Kieran as he stood at her front door. He had his locs situated half up, Half down, and sunglasses that made it hard to for her to see what exactly he was thinking.

"I thought you said 5:00."

Audrina sighed and pulled out her phone. Scrolling through the text she sent. And upon finding it she realized that she was truly in the wrong. "5", she whispered looking back up to him, "I'm so sorry it was a mix up on my end."

Kieran shrugged his shoulders not bothered by the miscommunication, "It's okay I can come back later."

Audrina wasn't ready. She still wore her lounging wear being sweatpants and a tank top. Her hair was wrapped in a scarf so to say she wasn't expecting him was an understatement.

Instead of sending him away however, she looked back at the living room to ensure that Rin was there room. Rin knew his name, and she mentioned him. She didn't want them to interact at all. So her biggest mistake was her next move.

"No it's my fault. You can come in. It's only an hour." she gestured.

"You sure?"

"Positive", she opened the door wider. And similar to Audrina a week prior. He wasn't expecting it see her (or used to for better terms),  in anything else but former clothing. So he was taken back for a second try to keep his calm demeanor. "Would you like anything?"

"Yea...." He opted out to looking away. "Umm water is fine. Thanks."

He lifted his sunglasses up entering the home and took his placing on the couch right as Audrina gave him a glass. "I'll be ready in a second. Sorry about that... again."

Kieran smiled softly, still seeing she was feeling bod for giving him the wrong. Time. So he took that glass, "When can I get you to stop apologizing for small things."

She stood straight, crossing her arms, "I don't apologize unless it's one that needs it."

He leaned back getting comfortable seeing her like that. So his entire body eased in the cushions. He had already taken his shoes off at the door so he crossed one leg over the other.

"Say who.", he rose an eyebrow.

Audrina scoffed, rolling her eyes as she walked behind the couch towards the hallway. "Says me."

Kieran remained out in the living. For the first few minutes he was on his phone answering a couple of texts, before he lifted his head to observe his surroundings. The last time he was Audrina's place, he rarely had the opportunity to look beyond the kitchen. Her living room was just as plain as the kitchen.

The walls, both, had a total of one picture. Nothing personal but, just one of an owl. A purple owl. It had dark mauve eyes, which he immediately noticed were similar to hers. The owl was sitting on a branch, the moon symbolized in the top left corner. Yet the owl wasn't looking at anything in particular, the eyes were looking beyond the picture. As if it were staring out into the living room.

He then drew his attention to the stand that the TV was situated on, their were open cabinets. In the very last one, closest to the bottom was a black box. It didn't have a lock. Just a typical small black photo sized box. There wasn't a name on it but, that didn't stop his curiosity from peeking further than it already was.

It was the sound of a door opening that drew him back. The footsteps echoed in the hall stopping at the very end, "Who are you?"

That's wasn't Audrina's voice. Yet it sounded familiar. This time however, it wasn't distorted over a phone call. It was in person. He never expected that Audrina to have that many younger Sohma "cousins". He assumed there was only a few. But clearly the more he got into her life, the more he was starting to connect some pieces.