Chapter 23

Audrina woke up to a knock on her door. She groaned in bed, reluctant to answer. She was conscious enough to remember everything that happened just the previous night, and that didn't help her case in wanting to get out of bed.

  She doesn't know if she was caught up in the vulnerability of all that was shared between them. She just knows that there was plans that she agreed to.

And she was contempt of sulking in her bad decisions that had lead her up to this. She turned her face into the pillow, wanting a few more minutes to not exist in the real world till her phone rung. She turned her head and lifted up the device to see the caller Id. Another groan escaped her lips when she pressed the answer button.

"Hello", she whispered.

Open the door

And then he hung up. He's never voluntarily came over to her apartment. He's always respected her boundaries. But something happened for him to come by. And Audrina knew such. Getting up she walked down the hall and once she made it to the door she opened it up. The sun was just starting to rise.

"What's wrong", she mumbled, rubbing one of her eyes.

Hatori stood serious, he didn't say anything as he walked in. Audrina saw the frown that spread across his face. He didn't bother to sit down instead he waited till she shut the door.

"Come on in", she spoke sarcastically. She made her way to the kitchen, pouring water into a kettle. She looked behind her confused of why he hadn't say anything yet. So she assumed she had to be the one to start it. "Are you ok?"

"What happened last night?", he asked.

Audrina almost dropped the kettle. She hadn't stop thinking about what occurred last night. The talk in the park, how much fun they had at the restaurant...... she had to clear her throat to keep the feelings from rising again. And she wasn't sure what to say.

Why was he randomly asking what happened? Had he been at the park? All of the random possibilities popped up in her head.

"Nothing why?", she kept calm and grabbed a couple of tea bags and placed it in the simmering water.

"Are you sure?", she turned and met his eyes. He was digging but she wasn't sure for what. Audrina walked around and sat on one of the stools before him. He still seemed tense. And of course to make perfect timing, he phone buzzed.

She turned it over to read a text, and if she was a sucker for him last night, she had to be hopeless to feel joy from a couple of words.

Good morning. Turn off the kettle.... They'll already be a cup of tea on your desk.

She turned back to look at the kettle that was definitely on. She wasn't going to turn it off but, instead leave it for Rin. She felt adrenaline rush from his text alone. She still has to work with him.

"Akito asked me to wipe his memories."

Audrina shot her head up. Hatori was called right after she left with Kieran. And Akito was very clear on her need for Kieran's memories to be erased. And he assumed that Audrina had revealed her secret. That's why he asked. Akito didn't explain any further details as to why. Just that by the end of the week his memories of his outside of work time with Audrina to be erased.

Audrina's eyes were wide. Because this sounded familiar like a repeated occurrence. However, she to also was confused with the motive behind it. Her secret of the Zodiac was not revealed.

"What? Why?"

Hatori shrugged, "That's why I'm asking if anything happened like that to provoke her. She was very upset last night."