Chapter 26

She arrived to the estate and to say she was mad was an understatement. She knew she'd have to be here. That wasn't the issue. Timing... terrible timing was the problem.

She ignored Akito's call from demand and once again headed straight towards him. Shigure this time was sitting on the steps. He heard Audrina's footsteps but didn't acknowledge them until they were right infront of him.

"Have fun Audri?", he questioned.

Audrina grabbed his collar and lifted him up until they were standing face to face. He only looked to her with neutrality.

"Why do you keep doing this....", this time she was serious. Her voice scarily calm. "Showing up to work, sending Akito to us, and you knew damn well where I was. Hatori must have told you. He also told you that I'd be here. So why is it you had to call. What is your problem? Honestly."

One thing Audrina disliked about Shigure is that he knew how to match her energy. They have been together for way to long. So calmly he wrapped his hand around her wrist. Lowering it from the collar of his kimono.

"Mad at me I presume."

"You are crazy", she pushed him back. He stumbled until finding sturdy ground, she once again stepped up not in his hands, " I dare say as crazy as her! Why is it with both Amrin and Kieran, I find myself having to deal with you. I was gone for damn near 8 years. You knew my address, where to find me. And don't say you were kind enough to respect my boundaries because I know you didn't give shit! So go ahead..... I'm here now. What. Do. You. Want."

  "And alas.... You answered." That statement alon forcing Audrina to freeze. Regarding the phone call. She knew who it was, and she knew he was one the other end wanting cause trouble. But she still pressed answer. Shigure walked up to her and closed the distance. Audrina only looked up to him, his next move clear.

"Don't", she sternly spoke. "I asked you a question."

  Shigure hummed, "if you allow me, I'll show you what I want."

"You're psychotic.", she shook her head. Not wanting to deal with him anymore she stepped. Aside and walked past him. Aware but completely ignoring the set of eyes on them. She would have to deal with her later.

But what Audrina didn't realize was her assumption to who was watching was completely wrong. Akito was waiting for her in the God's designated living space. Who was watching her was someone else who despised her for a complete different reason.

Shigure titled his head back and watched her stomp off. Audrina felt his gaze, but what she hadn't noticed about that entire conversation was the key sense of change. Shigure was aware that moment she didn't apologize for her harsh words. Because she haven't as much care towards how he felt. While Shigure was sure of himself before, he was much more confident in his assumption.

Audrina held her composure when she entered Hatori's office. While initially she was there to rant, she stumbled in on one of the estate maids. The same one who has been lecturing her since she was a kid. The last encounter that she needed to make her night worse.

"Audrina! Heavens sake where have you been", she walked up to her. Audrina stared at her blankly before turning around about to leave. However, this time they were insistent.

"Don't walk away when you've already put Akito an immense load of stress. Do you have no shame?"

"Where's Hatori", she poked her head out of the door and looked to either end of the hall. Just to be disappointed that he wasn't there. 

"That doesn't matter at the moment, your God wishes to speak with you."

Annoyed that she hadn't bought herself more time. Audrina sighed and walked out not acknowledging the trail they had on her to ensure she actually went to her. She didn't knock either. Audrina walked in and shut the door behind her. Leaving her in a room with only the light of the sun  to make aware someone else's was there.