Chapter 46

"I'm thirsty", Momoji whined.

"Drink your spit", Rin snapped. She peeked out the crack of the door. Only to hear utter silence. Like the pair wasn't out in the kitchen.

"Do you see them?", Haru whispered.

Rin shook her head, and closed the door back. "She said until 9."

"What's happens at nine?", Yuki looked up from his phone.

Rin again tried to peek out with no success in finding them.

"I don't know."

_____________________________

Audrina did let Kieran in, gave him his clothes that she had forgotten he left there. She didn't tell him anything as she walked back to take a shower. Then purposefully let it drag out for a little longer than she usually does.

When she got out, she wrapped her arms around herself as she sauntered back to the living area. She had a loose shirt and pants on. Where the aroma gradually gave away the takeout displayed across the counter.

"It just got here", Kieran spoke. His voice monotone. As if he was being forced to stay. She stopped at the end, watching as he took everything from its bag and placed it on the counter.

He hasn't change out of his clothes yet, the only thing different was the bun he's situated his locs in. Audrina released a soft sigh, as she kept telling herself that she could do it. Last the night.

Finally, she sat on the stool to her islands, she opened her laptop and started working. He walked around to sit next to her. It wasn't anything she was thinking about to much. The cool air outside as it continued to get dark, was masked by the crackling fire place in her living area.

"Hey Kieran you know, it was really cool that you wanted to spend time with me swimming with manatees.", he mumbled and took a sip from a glass of wine.

Audrina side eyed him before looking back at her laptop, "Not really forth telling if you bought them as a surprise, then used it to make me believe you didn't remember anything now is it?"

Again, they fell into silence. Audrina didn't bother to look and see what he expressed. And she was lying to herself saying she didn't care.

Kieran pursed her lips, the longer the quiet continued, the more her got uncomfortable. He knew she could stay quiet all night, that's one of her best tricks when it comes to anything work related. But his eyes couldn't help but continuously look at the clock. It got to the point he was looking at it every minute.

And noticed Audrina hasn't looked at it once. She was able to keep quiet. That didn't mean she had nothing to say.

When thirty minutes passed, Kieran leaned
in closer, peeking at her through the laptop.

"What are you doing?", and when the reflection, caught her eyes. Audrina looked away.

"Studying Quantum Physics", she mumbled. That was before she shut her laptop. Truthfully she was still looking at the options she had to live. Her choice didn't have to be made for another couple of weeks, but with Momoji already agreeing, she was able to narrow down some options.

Boldly, she rested her head on the palm of her hands, and faced him. Kieran met her eyes and was shocked by how enlarged her pupils were. The purple was hardly, noticeable. She had no control when her owl spirit took of that sense, neither did she realize. But instead of be frightened, Kieran's only reaction was that of curiosity.

Every-time he was with her, their was something new.

"You're really planing to stay up tonight?", she rose her eyebrows.

Transfixed by her eyes, he refused to break contact. That is when a smile played in his lips, "Keep me company?"

She only rolled her eyes, not caving in, "Aren't you suppose to be upset I didn't tell you who Tristan was?"

The smile slowly faded from his face, his jaw clenched, "And who is he?"

Audrina, now finding it easier to say what was going on, she opened her mouth while going to her fridge. Kieran stared at her the entire time, the intense look not making her faulter by any means, "He owns a law firm in America and offered me a position.", she turned, pouring a glass up with a drink. Kieran's eyebrows lifted as she finished, "I took it; leaving in four months."

"Wait-.", all the previous tension from his face was gone. He stood, and was only showing that of disbelief. She tried to block out the hurt. The sting from that soft whisper-like voice as it connected. "You're-. You're leaving?"

"Mhm", she hummed along the rim of the glass.

"That's amazing.", and she almost chocked on the drink. As he continued on.

"Not you leaving obviously", he moved up till he was across from her leaning back against that counter, "But, that's an amazing opportunity. I'm happy for you."

She turned away from him. She was definitely not expecting that sort of reaction. Catching her off guard, heat struck her face. She cleared her throat, keeping her voice passive, "Thanks." And that was when for the first time he saw her look at the clock.

Before she didn't care, as if no matter the time, she'd be able to hold her own. But he finally got a start. He watched her pour another glass, and before she could take more than a couple of sips, he again walked around the island, till that was their barrier. She didn't meet his eyes, only stared at the counter top.

"Tell me more, what's the position?"

"Criminal Defense Attorney."

His eyebrows shot up, a quick whistle made her forget her straight face, as it earned a small smile. "Wow.", he started, "So your saying, I go to America, commit a crime, there a chance you'd be my lawyer."

"If thats how you want to put it. It's not public though.", she shrugged.

"So...", he leaned slightly forward, "I go to America, become obnoxiously rich, commit a crime, then there's a chance you'd be my lawyer?"

She paused about to take another sip. Catching his eye, she squinted at him, "What are you planning?"

"Trust me, nothing", he lifted his hands, "I was the good child if you couldn't already tell."

Taking spot next to him, she found it distracting to talk with him, leaning her head on her elbow, a small smile played her face.

"You're lying.", she used all she practiced to tell. Kieran smirked, sliding her glass over and took a drink.

"Depends", he mocked a serious face, looking around as if he was hiding something, "Is this confidential."

She nodded her head, holding back her smile that only wanted to brighten.

"I accidentally stole a candy bar before. Forgot it was in my hands when walking out the store. When I noticed, I didn't tell my mom because I was afraid I'd go to jail. Cried myself to sleep that night."

She rolled her eyes, not hiding the smile. "Your impossible."

  They fell back into silence. Audrina turning her direction away from him.  He too was looking around. Nothing awkward. But Kieran did catch her glance to the set up on the counter.

"You need to eat.", he spoke, leaning on the palm of his hands..

"You've said that.", she downed the rest of her drink.

"And I will keep saying it until I see you do so.", sighed, wearing a begging look, "Come on I got you Tempura. Please?"

Audrina pulled her lips in, glancing at the layout. With reluctancy, she reached across the table and grabbed one of the bowls. Kieran didn't miss the subtle glance at the clock.

It was only 2:00 a.m.

Audrina ate half of her dish.  Before they were falling back into watching a movie.

She was tucked up in the corner of the couch . She didn't ignore the short glances from him throughout the movie.