Chapter 21

A/n:
So I wasn't going to post this till later, but it's kinda one of my favorite chapters.... Just because of Kieran (he is so whipped).

——————————————————-

They rode to the school. And there was a clear difference in Audrina. She was more willing to hold a conversation. Of course if it had nothing to do with her.

And Kieran hated it. She had already shut down. Nothing during that car ride was about her. It was about the school, about him.... Anything. She was more tense, cautious with her words on top of sounding less like herself. He looked at her, catching moments when she wasn't looking back and it was in her body language. Her arms were wrapped around her, as another layer of protection. And she wished she could relax, but what kept her tight was now that the word was floating in his brain.

She's cursed

And he knew Rin wasn't joking. It wasn't a kids joke. Rin was old enough he knew it not to be. Any other person she could have fooled, which was made her annoyed. Because he saw behind her lies.

They pulled into the school. And like the entire thing didn't happen at her apartment, she walked beside him up to the school entrance.

"You okay?", she looked up at him. Seeing that he was more quiet than usual. And he didn't want her to worry. He was in his head. But her voice snapped him out of it.

"Yes ma'am", he countered, a broad smile spreading across his face. "Just thinking about what the hell Cinderel-ish means."

She shrugged her shoulders, "Yea it was a last minute decision. Maybe a crossover of another fairy tale?"

They slowly approached the school, the entrance only a distance away when Audrina recognized, the few kids that were standing in front of it. She didn't know what to do. There was a chance that more of them would be cautious about Kieran, and to think that this was her last time doing anything like this with him, she didn't know the best way that avoid them.

Her plans were ruined when she saw Haru look up to her and wave, a small smile on his face. Forcing one dreading where this may head, she waved back. Seeing Haru's focus of direction, Momoji turned and his eyes widened with excitement.

"Audri!", he threw himself onto her. She chuckled and returned the hug.

"Hi Momoji", she looked up, still holding onto Momoji to see Hiro. He was staring at her the same way he was when they first officially met. There was no changing what he knew, and as much as he wished he could ignore it, every time her looked at her, he recited the entire conversation Akito was spitting at the same woman. At multiple of the Sohma staff. Her name was a curse alone on Akito's mouth that she continuously casted.

"Hey", she spoke softly. He instantly turned his head.

"Hi"

She didn't bother to force herself to make him like her. He didn't have to do instead she moved onto the next. Haru was the first to speak,

"Cool you could make it."

Audrina nodded, "Yea I love Cinderella-ish."

"You know what it means?"

"Not a clue", she shook her head. Earning a playful scoff from him. And before Audri could address Kisa, she surprisingly spoke up for herself.

"Hi Audri", he soft voice was just loud enough for her to hear. Those golden eyes shy. Haru was carrying her and Audrina saw that she was holding on tight.