Chapter 13

She was  ready. Around noon, Audrina was dressed in purple flare pants and a white tank top. She received the text that Keiran and his niece were outside.

Quickly, Audrina grabbed her purse and finally a card. She felt wrong to take the ticket without acknowledging why it was open to her in the first place.

Once leaving her door, she walked down to see the familiar black car; tinted windows. It sounded like there was arguing about something, which immediately subsided when Audrina opened the door. She got in and she felt his stare. This was the first time that either of them had seen the other  without work attire. Even when he picked her up almost a month ago, it was during the night.

Already knowing Kieran, she spoke casually, "Hey".

Once he reciprocated the gesture, she turned her head to the backseat, where a little girl who looked her age. Her hair was in pigtails with barrettes hanging from each. Her skin was the same complexion as Keiran and the resemblance was canny from the eye color. She wore a blue sweater and jeans.

"Hello", Audrina waved smiling.

The little girl was not shy at all as she spoke back up, her friendly demeanor easing Audrina. She was apprehensive, but there was no need to worry.

"Hi", her voice was high pitched as she smiled. One of her teeth were missing.

Audrina felt a sting in her chest. She didn't realize it was just the small thing at that would remind her. But one thing she made a goal for herself was to not think about the Sohmas. It wouldn't be fair company to them.

"My name is Audrina—.."

"I know", she interrupted. Which caught Audrina by surprise. She quickly turned to the man in the driver seat. Who was staring at the little girl with a fed up expression. "Sorry."  she whispered.

Audrina turned back to the girl and shook her head, "No it's ok. I feel bad now for not knowing your name", she chuckled.

"Kayla", she answered.

"Well it's nice to meet you Kayla. Thank you for letting me tag along."

Kayla smiled once again, and when Audrina turned back to face the front, Kieran was already pulling out of the complex. He had turned on music and Kayla was in the back singing along which had Audrina in a good mood. She turned to face Keiran who was also showing the same mood.

He was wearing a blue sweater and black jeans. The complexion of his skin pairing perfectly with the outfit. She had noticed that he was wearing a silver earring which was not there before. "You have a piercing?", she questioned. Causing him to instantly smirk. The side of his lips lifting as he looked to her.

"Since I was 16."

"Really?", she turned fully, surprised by his admission. "Why have I not been aware of this."

He rose his shoulders, "Because we haven't hung out much outside work."

"He has two", Kayla chimed in. Audrina gasped and turned to face that her.

"Your uncle have any other secrets I should be aware of", she rose an eyebrow, sparring a glance the driver.

Kayla to, looked at him, but something in her face gave way to excitement. More than the initial excitement of the aquarium trip. She opened her mouth but as soon as the words were about to come out, Keiran had spoken over her.

"Maybe....... An exchange for these secrets need to be set."

Audrina had turned back around, leaning against the back of the seat. Her head was turned to glance at him. "That's not fair."