Chapter 18

She started to grow distant. Audrina kept replaying that phase Kieran told her in her head, and as much as it set a small ignited fire in her, it was just as dangerous as people say flames could be. She couldn't look at him the same, because if she kept going back to the idea that it was truly meant to be a compliment, then she was in deeper than she had thought.

It was a couple of days after that moment when she finally moved back into her apartment. In which she had a visitor.

The doorbell rung, and Audrina had looked at the clock seeing it was just morning. She slowly got out of bed, and headed towards the front door. She was too sleep deprived to remember to check the peephole, so instead she went ahead and opened it up.

The blinding light of the rising sun caused her to squint, but she wasn't to obscured of vision to see, a long black haired teenager.

"Rin?", she mumbled. "What's wrong."

Rin didn't bother saying anything until she was already in her apartment, with a couple of bags. Audrina blinked in confusion turning as she shut the door.

"You said I could come here when I wanted. I want to now."

Audrina again, was still coming out of her sleep, so she didn't process on what Rin was truly saying until a few minutes later. When the girl was already down the hall.  "Wait..."

"Which is my room.", she opened up the door to an empty one. All except for a twin sized bed and a dresser with a Tv on top. It was meant for a guest room, yet other plans were in store."

Audrina was now fully awake, following her into the room and watched as Rin started unpacking her stuff. "What happened to Kazuma, I called him and he said you could live with him?"

"That dumb cat is there, and that girl is always following him... no."

Audrina had forgotten about the relationship that Tohru and had built. It was again one of the many things she disapproved. Tohru was sweet, but especially for Kyo there was no room for bringing an outsider in. But she was only speaking from experience. No good could happen.

"I-.", Audrina sighed and nodded, remembering what she had told her. That if she needed a place to stay, her door was open. And she didn't lie, "There's food in the fridge, if you want to order something my card is in my bag on the counter. I have work in a couple of hours but if you need anything just call."  She turned around accepting the matter with no end. And right when she was ready to leave the room Rin whispered quietly enough that she could barely hear it,

"Thank you."

"Of course.", she spoke back and went back to her room to lie down.

  It was only an hour later till she heard yet another knock on her door. She assumed Rin would get it but when the knock sounded again, she had no other choice to get up and proceed to answer yet another unexpected visit. When she passed by Rin's temporary room she saw that the girl was sleeping. She must of fell asleep unpacking for her bag was still open and clothes were surrounding her. It only took an hour for her to already feel comfortable enough to sleep, with the door open for that manner.

Audrina quietly opened the door and saw yet another one of the Sohma members,

"Do y'all not have school?", she mumbled.

"It's Saturday", Yuki corrected. Audrina turned to look at her calendar on the opposite end of the wall, to remind herself.

"I'm sorry. What's up?", she turned back. She opened the door further letting him in. There was no point in wishing for anymore sleep so she wasn't that upset about being woken up for a second time.