Chapter 14

(Flashback)

It had been only a month. Since it happened. Audrina had already found an apartment, and she hadn't left since. She informed her professors of her situation and they were more than lenient, given she was already at the top of the class.

But it was endless days of sorrow. Sometimes she physically couldn't get out of bed because the depression wouldn't allow her too. After a while however, she had to move to use the bathroom or eat. If she could even keep it down. 

She ignored the calls from his parents. Which she would soon regret. And any call in general. The only reason she would use her phone is to listen to the last voicemail he'd left her.

"Audrina, I know that you said it's best if I just forget. But you don't understand how much you've change my life. You saw how I was before we met. I-I can't go back to that state. And this whole thing is just  another trial that we can get through. Please answer my calls. No matter what, nothing will change the fact that I'm in love with you. You can ignore my messages all you want.... Hell you could never talk to me again. But just pick up the phone. You don't have to say anything on the other end. I just. want to know that she hasn't done anything to you....."

It clicked, by then Audrina was mindlessly, pressing the next button.

"Come on nightbird, I know it's hard. But I promise you Im willing to take whatever initiation shit for knowing your secret.I didn't realize I would be so desperate just to hear you yell at me or call me an idiot. I had asked Shigure where you lived but, he said that he didn't know. This is all I got. I'm begging you to let me know that your ok."

Then the final one:

"Hatori had told me he finally found your address. So, I'll be heading over to the estate, and he said he'll take me. So be ready for lots of affection filled apologies ok? I want to hold you again. I don't care if it's feather filled. It's killing me baby. See you soon."

The same panic that filled her upon the first time hearing that, still overwhelmed her. She knew Hatori had lied. That is was just a way to bring him to the Sohma estate. After that day, he lost his memory of their entire relationship.  For the second time.

It was what Akito mentioned to Yuki: Consistency doesn't always work out in the end.

One afternoon, Audrina finally found the will to get out of bed. Brushed her teeth, and fix her something to eat. She was in the middle of watching her show when,  a knock sounded at her door.

She snapped her head to the door and debated in answering.  After a couple of seconds, they had knocked again. Now thinking that whoever on the other end wouldn't leave her until she answer,  Adriana sighed and stood, she wrapped her arms around herself walked to the front door and opened it.

And standing before her was no one that Audrina had expected to show up at her front step. She looked down to see a boy with white hair.

Haru looked up at her, his eyes droopy. Which caught Audrina by more of a surprise. He was always the one out of the Zodiac children to wear a face of neutral expression. While he was mostly kind to Rin, he never wore such a sad emotion.

"Haru?", Audrina's voice was horse from the constant crying. She looked behind him to see if anyone else was with him. How did he get her address. "What's wrong?"

"I got a question for you." , he got to the point. His voice was also soft. And Audrina saw the desperation in his eyes. There was a glimmer of hope but it would be determined by her answer.