Chapter 27

Kieran's POV

Audrina called out for the next day. And he was wanting desperately to check in. But one thing about Kieran is he was nervous. It was hard not to see the way Audrina made him. Cool exterior on the outside; train wreck on the inside.

He was leaving the firm and locking the door when he felt someone behind him. The glass doors were reflecting someone he immediately recognized. He didn't know him but Audrina's description was exact.

He looked back down to finish locking the door. "Look man, if you're some crazy ex. That's fine if you come to me. But leave Audrina alone. She wasn't having it yesterday."

"No I'm not her ex.", Hatori spoke. Kieran got done locking up and turned around.

"Then that gives me more of a reason to ask who are you and what the hell did you do to her.", he voiced.

Hatori remained standing a few feet away from him. "I didn't do anything to her. I'm here actually because I care about her."

Kieran shook his head, "Umm.....you want to elaborate on that."

Hatori continued on, "Just.....", he sighed trying to find the right words. Of course Audrina wouldn't approve of any of this. Him talking to Kieran. Or being in the same vicinity. But he refused to let her go back into herself. "I know this sounds weird coming from me but, just check in on her.

"Sure", Kieran scrunched his eyebrows. Hatori inclined his head and started off. And Kieran watched him walk off confused. There was no doubt in his mind to his feelings towards Audrina, but the rest of the Sohma's is still questionable. 

—————————————————

Audrina's POV:

She sat in a room with Shigure. Both quiet. She laid her head down on the table from the pounding headache and Shigure reading his book. They were both willing to sit in it. Surprisingly nothing thick in the air. Utterly contempt with keeping their own secrets.

But soon the door opened and Hatori walked in. He immediately noticed Audrina's head down. And addressed it.

"What's wrong.", he came up and sat on the opposite end.

"Her head hurts.", Shigure hummed. He still read his book , propped up by his elbow. "At least that's what I think, she won't speak to me."

"You didn't try", she groaned and sat up. She placed a hand to her temple and squeezed her eyes shut. The light from the room harsh against her eyes that were accustomed to the dark.

Hatori glanced between the two. He's been in knowledge of their odd relationship for so long. But never has he been able to tell just by being with them. You'd think they were simple friends that rarely talk to each other.

He went back to looking at Audrina. She didn't bother waiting for Shigure to say anything. Neither did she care. She continued to keep her eyes closed and bask in silence for the next person to speak.

"Akito has been in bed since the new year. As usual it's emotional, not physical. Seems bad though this time around."

Audrina almost scoffed.

"I think it's safe to assume it revolves around Yuki's little showdown. And Audrina here riled her up in some way."

But of course she wasn't paying attention to anything after what he said about Yuki.

"Is he okay?", she whispered. Hatori glanced to her and nodded.

"Yes he is okay. Nothing serious."

She nodded and fell back into herself.