Chapter 45

Akito felt guilt ridden, not understanding why Audrina wasn't free.

Hatori was on the phone, getting a mouthful of some decisions that he made.

And finally, Kieran looking at his screen the email he received. Phone in hand, mouthing off someone on the other end.

"I did what you said. And she's quitting! You know what.. I should of never listened to you. How the hell was this good for her sake!"

"Listen."

"No you listen. Right now, I'm looking at a resignation letter from your cousin. It's killed me having to pretend. And if you saw her face, it would of killed you too! You said she would just start over without all this illegal crap involved."

"She's just going through something-."

Which caused him to raise his voice in disbelief, "You all are blind."and without any further attempt to talk with Hatori, Kieran hung up and stood.

He closed his his laptop and walked out of his room.

_____________________________

"What are you doing.", Rin stood at Audrina's door. Startling her, she looked up from her laptop.

"Finishing off a couple of cases. What's up?", she closed her laptop.

Rin didn't have a friendly face though. She squinted her eyes and looked over her once. "Why aren't you eating with us?"

Yuki and Haru had come over later that day, to check up on her, and seeing she was okay, she'd ordered take out from them. After talking for a while she took to her room. Neither did she lie to Rin about what she was doing. Her question made her confused.

"Oh", she looked back at the screen, speaking nonchalantly, "Y'all don't have to save me any. Thank you though."

Rin stepped in this time, she closed the door, startling Audrina even more as it created a large bang. The ones in the kitchen even stopped what they were looking to peer down the hallway.

"Rin what is up with you", she closed her laptop, staring at the girl in disbelief. But Rin kept that same blank expression, like she didn't just cause a scene. When Audrina stood up, the side effects of all their curses breaking still making her a bit dizzy. Quickly she closed her eyes for a couple of seconds and then opened them.

Rin had such an intense stare that nothing went unnoticed. "You're sick.", she stepped back.

"I'm not sick, just drained from everything that's happened this past couple of weeks."

"Bullshit!", she shouted, strained through her teeth. "You look like your about to pass out...."

"Ok ok", she whispered, hands up, "Relax, yes this curse breaking has put a toll on me. But once these side effects ware off, I'll be fine."

She failed to mention why. That it wasn't particularly her curse, it was the rest of theirs.

Rin gave her another intense stare. The communication barrier Audrina had placed was strange. Audrina was typically the one trying to push something out of her, now it being the opposite as uncomfortable.