He's Different

Amrin didn't show up to school that Monday. Audrina continuously looked to the back of the class like he would appear. But when the bell rang calling for the end of the day, she got up and immediately walked up to the teacher. She told Shigure and Ayame to wait for her out in the hall.

"Umm.... Is Amrin alright", was all she conjured up to ask. Even though she wanted to know more, she kept her curiosity at bay.

The teacher sighed, "Audrina, I understand you want to work with him, but maybe your should reconsider."

Audrina shook her head, "No , thank you. I'm willing to work with him."

And without pressing any further, knowing the conversation was going to shift, Audrina turned and walked out the classroom. She immediately texted him but there was no answer.

At home she was staring at her phone waiting for some sort of chime. And as if her thoughts were heard.... A text popped up.

Hello, this is Amrin's cousin. And he told me y'all are working on an assignment. Unfortunately he won't be able to attend school for the next few days. But he did already come up with notes and asked me to send them to you.

And following the message there were a couple of other images that popped up with pages full of notes. Audrina read over the text multiple times before conjuring up something to respond with.

Thank you. I hope everything is ok

She wished she had further information to his situation to better address it. But all she could think about was how wrong everyone was. Looking through his notes Amrin was intelligent for the given topic. She was surprised to see detail that she didn't even bother putting on her portion of notes.

His handwriting was incredibly neat and his phrasing of certain words were nearly close to hers. Everyone has mentioned that he was lazy. Failing simply because of his lack of effort and intelligence, but this proved otherwise.

Picking back up the phone she sent another text.

Is there anyway I can speak with him?

His cousin must have his phone because as soon as the text was sent a reply came back after a couple of seconds they replied.

  Yea.

Then the caller is with his name popped up. She didn't mean now but, clearing her throat she answered.

"Hi"

Hey this is Silas, Amrins cousin.

His voices sounded completely exhausted. There was no other way of interpreting it.

"Hey I'm sorry, if there is a bother. I just wanted to talk with him about..... the project."

That's ok...... And not directly to her he spoke . Amrin, she wants to speak with you.

  As if he didn't have to bring up her name. She expected some form of identification would be in need. But not shortly after his voice came across the line. Not as tired as his cousin, but drained.

Hey

She didn't have a plan. There was no telling why she wanted to. All the information she needed to plan a script was given to her. "Hey.....", she spoke.

Hi

She paused, upset at herself for intimating any of it. "I'm sorry..... I wanted to check in and see if you were ok."

Really?

"Ummm yea really."

Funny I thought the lesser weee suppose to check on the royals. Not roles reverse.