Chapter 29

Audrina was quiet the entire next day. She dropped Tohru off at Shigure's place and immediately went to work. She sat at her desk doing her job, trying to focus on her work entirely. Distractions was all she had then, so when it came time for her break, she opted out to doing more work. And it would have been a success.

"I had to double check if you clocked in today."

Audrina flinched as she looked up to see Kieran leaning against the entrance door frame to her office. She half-heartedly smiled and nodded before turning back to her computer. Either she was drained or unsure if she had the strength to hold a conversation. Kieran of course, didn't take her note of silence as anything lightly.

"I was meaning to ask you a couple of questions.", he softly spoke.

  Keeping a neutral face, she didn't bother to look away this time from the computer. "What's up."

And silence followed. It was a few seconds before Audrina finally averted her attention from the illuminated screen and met his hazel eyes.  And at that, at the change of focus, seeing her own eyes, Kieran's lips turned up into a smile.

He placed an elbow on her desk and leaned his head against his own palm. "Well, for starters I wanted to know if everything is okay. Haven't seen you in a couple of days."

She was quick to respond, not letting herself truly think of that questions. Because she wasn't. "Yea, I'm fine. Thanks."

He slightly tilted his head at the half-answer and continued to try to see through her. It's only been a week since his indirect confession and of course the time in which Audrina sunk back into her lowest place, the next day was Friday. But seeing her that day, he wasn't sure what had led her to close back up.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm okay Kieran", she sighed and turned back to the monitor.

He hummed, squinting his eyes because her tone was turning similar to that of condescending.

"Ok and secondly, I wanted to know if you heard about the world ending tomorrow. Crazy they just announced it a few minutes ago."

"Crazy", she mumbled.

He simply rose his eyebrows at the comment. And to act on his shock, he waited till his statement fully sunk in. It took longer than expected. A couple of seconds later, Kieran watched as Audrina's eyebrows furrowed.

"Wait what?"

He chuckled foundly and leaned further in. "What's fogging you Nightowl."

She was looking at Tristan's agency for the millionth. The area, the other people working for his firm. And finally, she had to scope the Washington D.C area. Looking at what surrounded the building, the immediate area.

"Mmmmm....", she hummed clicking onto the email. The new email. Tristan had sent her all the information, the flight ticket, and the date. Sooner than she had originally thought. Just in a couple of weeks.

She had to pack. Had to prepare herself. And she had to let Rin know. But the one thing she's been trying to avoid. Was telling Kieran. She's never gotten to the point of extreme procrastination to avoid situations. But she's gotten to it.

She had to tell him soon. Two weeks notice. And of course that's all she had.

"You know what", Kieran patted her desk, snapping her out of her induced state. She flinched and directed her eyes to Kieran who was starting to stand. "I was planning to call it early anyways. It's suppose to be a new moon tonight. And new moon also means star filled night. Up for something to clear your head?