Chapter 49

Akito had a similar dream. A dream about the Gods perspective, the reasons why the God needed the owl and how they got introduced. It was a clear message that was relayed. The dependency that God placed on the owls shoulders and now it's come full circle. To the point Akito, while she knew it was always there, it was heavy.

Heavy and protective. Audrina always had that impact, but now she knew why.

It was up to Aktio to let her go, it was the mental strength of doing so in which Akito wasn't sure she had. Every curse that broke, caused her a sense of pain. Just like anything, thinking about the pain of losing the most closely bonded spirit was nothing to prepare for.

Not bother to delay the conversation any longer, she took a deep breath and entered the room.

Audrina was sat on the steps, back facing towards the door. There was someone, she was talking too, but it wasn't clear until Akito enetered further into the room.

Part of the door that lead to outside was shielding who is was, so neither could they see Akito, and the woman had to wait till she heard who was on the other end for confirmation.

"You had her worried.", Hiro crossed his arms. "All of them were more concerned about you than anything. Keeping us waiting was not cool."

Audrina leaned forward, resting her elbows on her propped up knees. She wore a sympathetic smile as she looked at Hiro and Kisa. "I'm sorry. I did plan to talk with you all. Just ran into a situation."

Kisa was fiddling with her fingers, her nerves running on high as thoughts circled her head. Each zodiac kids with their bonds broken felt a sense of relief and dread. But one thing they did have in common, just like Akito, was to confirm one thing. And Akito had to witness it herself to understand that the bonds was nothing compared to Audrina's natural personality. The one born into her separate from the owl.

"W-will.", Kisa voice was soft, vulnerable. Audrina tilted her. Head waiting for the little girl to finish. "Will you still want to be with us? I mean! I just-."

Her words fell. Finding the right phrase to put it was another task that would take years for any of them to configure. How easy is it to admit that the one good thing that came with the curse, was just one person. Where do you draw the line in relaying that weight? They didn't want to say it , but they thought it. Keeping each other in their lives was one thing. Tohru had already confirmed she would continuously visit them.

But for Audrina, no matter how much they try to convince themselves it was the same. It wasn't.

Audrina got what she was trying to say immediately. The smile on her face only grew more sorrowful. "Come here...", she beckoned.

Kisa followed, till she was sitting on her lap. Hiro with resistance stood in his position stiff. That was until Audrina beckoned him again to sit along side her. She was trying to keep her curse still affective on her a secret. Telling them would not do her or anyone else any good.

She didn't see the need. They were finally able to put it behind them, why bring it back into their lives when it's only impacting her own.

One Hiro sat beside her, Akito took a step back to avoid being seen. But she was far more invested in what she was going to say.

"I told Yuki this and I'll tell you the exact same thing.", she wrapped her arms around Kisa. "I'll always be here for you two. Ok? Don't ever think that I only cared for y'all because of the bond. I still want you both to be happy, and if that takes you calling me everyday. Me visiting every once and a while, don't bother to ask just tell me and I'll try my best to be here whenever you need me. Trust me, especially now, I want to make sure you both are ok. You understand?"