Chapter 48

"Audrina?"

In a blink, she was back in her living room. And the first words that came from the mouth, were so strained she had no idea how she got it out in the first place.

"I can't breathe.", she groaned. "I can-.", she sunk back into the couch hands covering her face. Kieran paused the movie initially confused but immediately he was on it. He calmly, crouched down in in-front of her. On the inside he was frantic. Trying to decide what was the best option.

"I'm here.", he whispered.

She shook her head, her breathing labored.
Couldn't say anything else except the groan of pain. It was quiet, but so full of emotion. Kieran couldn't stand it, seeing that much sorrow coming from one person. And knowing the only thing he could do was soothingly rub her leg. He couldn't hold her. She refused it.

She doesn't remember the last time she able to receive one.

Only took to wrapping her hands around herself.

"Talk to me.", he spoke calmly.

She was shaking, Kieran felt under his hands, and he breathed out as she again shook her head. Not because she didn't want to, but she physically couldn't. Her body and mind were  so overwhelmed that she barely had control on what was going on. Despite so, he continued to talk with her, it felt to Audrina like the longest 2 hours of her life. Only coming to reality when it lasted half an hour.

By the time it was over, she was laid out on the couch, facing away from him. Kieran, had thought it was hard getting a word out of her before, but now he had to continuously check if she was still awake.

Audrina, felt stuck. Like reality crashed her with so much force she was paralyzed. It was one thing to be the only ones who curse never broke, but to think it'd never break was a lot. She wanted to get up and shut herself in the bathroom, but she wasn't sure if she could stand.

"Hey Nightowl", he hummed pushing back some of her hair to view the side of her face. "Can-."

"Don't call me that", she spoke. Even if her voice was soft, there was demand behind it. Before it was a reminder of what she is, now it's just a sting to what she'll always be.

"Ok", he agreed, "Can I get you anything?"

She paused, feeling him push her hair back to get off her neck. Once done the weight to the cushions beside her head sunk in. Next she felt a warm hand rub up and down her arm. It stung. Her heart ached terribly.

"Why are you still here?", she whispered.

  His hand paused on her forearm. "Because I like you and want to take care of you."

"Stop saying that.", she strained, "There's nothing you can do. You're wasting your time."

"Will you stop talking about yourself like that?"

"Nope.", she chuckled, it covering the sob that wanted to seep out, "You have the chance to be with anyone else in this country. Someone who is probably worth your time. It hurts more knowing you choose to stay here instead of doing something that will probably help you move forward. I'm have a tendency to anchor people close to me."

Or prevent them from living their full life. But she didn't want to say it.

Kieran barely was struck by her words. Instead she felt him shift on the couch. And the next thing she knew, her head was resting on his lap, she refused to open her eyes, it was hard enough holding back the tears with them closed.

Her whole life she's bottled up theses emotions, and their first confession was just the top layer. Nobody realized how terribly sick she was. How weighed down her life has been to her. It wasn't their fault.