Epilogue

A/n: I realized I've watched too many crime shows to know what happens in court.

⚠️I also made up the case with Mock Trial principles⚠️

And long chapter
___________________________

"So-.", Kieran was looking down at Audrina as she was tying his tie.

"I told you", she finished it off turning to the grand mirror in front of them. She was in a two piece dark blue blazer, hair pushed back in a low slick back. It was early in the morning, they both had a court hearing, but the circumstances were different than what they're were used to as since Kieran moved in. "This is the last trail for this case. Ok? Once this is over we can go back to normal but,I'm serious about what I said."

"I thought about this circumstance differently..", he came up behind her, grabbing her waist. He leaned but missed as she moved out of the way.

"I've had several journalists question me about our relationship interfering with the defenses.", she started a kettle on the stove. The sun hadn't risen yet. The only person within the house still sleeping was Momoji for he didn't have to get to school till a few hours later. They were talking in a low whisper to avoid waking him though he was upstairs. A force of habit. "If you look at me for more than two seconds they take it a secret code of us sharing details."

"But Ive been meaning to ask you-."

Audrina softly smiled, leaning back against the counter. "Ok, on a scale of one to ten how important is it?"

Kieran pulled in his lips. As if a sudden anxious wave washed over him. "Ten."

Audrina's demeanor changed. She had thought his question was mere. Hearing that he considered it that important, her smile faded. Releasing a sigh, she shook her head, "I'm sorry.", she looked at the clock, she had a few minutes before she had to leave. "Ask me now."

Kieran's eyes widened, those hazel eyes searching her own. He opened his mouth just to close it back. There was a few seconds of that when Audrina started to find it strange. She tilted her head and squinted her eyes.

"It's not that simple", he finally said turning to the stove, as the kettle was starting to steam. Whilst pouring her cup of tea, he shook his head. His voice was low, which Audrina also took as odd, "Forget it."

"Nooo", she dragged and wedged herself between him and the counter. Forcing him to look down at her. His locs were pulled back into a bun, preventing them from curtaining his face. A featured that she loved more she'd like to admit, and his smooths skin was showcased by the dim stove light. She gave in giving him a quick kiss, followed by an apologetic smile. "Really I'm sorry. I thought we were on the same page with keeping things as close to professional as possible."

He played it off with a small smile, she knew was fake. Quickly she grabbed his wrist to prevent him from walking away, "You don't have to leave for another hour right? I can call my client and meet with them later."

He glanced to the clock on the oven. "No you have to go. I'll ask after today."

His wrist slipped from her hand. She watched him walk back up the stairs without even looking back to her. And while she was close to walking up after him, he was right. The clock was right on the dot. She had to go.

  Making a decision to leave. Audrina assumed that once the day is over, she would make it up to him. The multiple trials have been running for over a couple of months; leading up to this final day.

Their relationship although, holding the underlying heart, had to be pushed aside after finding out they were working for opposite sides of the same court case.