Chapter 40

Audrina didn't take any time to find him. When she frequently visited Kazuma. Kyo would always be there. Ready to show her some new move he perfected. Complain about Yuki, or simply talk her ears off with stuff he kept in just for her.

He looked up to her just as much as everyone else did. She was someone that he found a comforting figure in. It was often that he would get upset with himself, Yuki, Haru, or anyone at the Dojo in particular.

When he got like that, he found a place in the woods to sit, calm himself down, and then come back. One day Audrina had came to check on him, see where he was which is where she first found his spot.

It was no surprise, even in the middle of the night, she saw orange hair peak behind the trunk of a tree, in the same spot he would find security in years ago.

She stepped on a branch which gave her away. Kyo's shoulders tense before slowly he turned. She waved when his orange eyes landed on her. But it was only returned with a diss.

"What are you doing here?", he mumbled. There was no sharpness like she was used to hearing from him. Only sorrow.

"Came to check on you. We haven't talked since I-."

"I don't want to talk to you", he snapped. He was crouched at the trunk, chin tucked between his knees as he mindlessly stared off into the distance.

"Ok then", she nodded, finding the tree directly in front of him and sat down, "We don't have to."

And they didn't. For severeal minutes, the only sound that was echoing around them was the crickets carried by the slight breeze. The air was humid after the slight rainfall, as well as the damp ground. But she didn't mind it.

Audrina didn't take to looking at him. No way was she trying to force him to talk. It was bound to occur naturally. She noticed the glances however. The frequent looks she got from him. One moment, in her peripheral vision, she caught him looking at her, opening his mouth then closing it.

He had something to say, and she was willing to listen. Once he spoke those first words, she knew it would flow. But after another 5 minutes of him repeating the previous look, she thought he needed a little push.

"I remember, when you first came out here because Haru took your soccer ball.", she leaned her head back against the tree, a soft smile on her face, "I had to bring Haru out here to apologize because you refused to move."

This caught his attention fully this time. He didn't look away or even say anything. She continued on.

"Second time, you were hiding from Kagura. When you found out she was staying the night at Kazuma's, you again refused to leave. So I brought a tent and we camped out here. Remember?"

She lowered her head, and finally for the first time since she's arrived, they made eye contact. His eyes nothing further from feline. He was agitated beyond means from whatever occurred between him and Tohru.

"You're point?" , he still held that same demeanor. Desperate to release what has been building up, yet apprehensive to start.

She shrugged and looked off to where she first walked in, "If I tell you, that'll be too easy."

"Hmh", he huffed.

She continued on, "I also remember you coming out here because you hated that Haru and Rin were 'hogging' my attention. And waited till I found you."

"That wasn't the reason", he corrected. Which was what she was looking for. With a quick nod Audrina turned back to him.

"I know..... it's because I had to take Yuki to school."