The Original Story

Once upon a time. A certain person lived atop of a mountain. They had been alone for many long years. Though isolated at its summit, they knew that many people lived on it down below. They were separated. They knew how they were different from the others. In truth, they were afraid of people. Afraid of being judged.... Of being hurt. They were afraid of themselves from the great power that lurked inside them.

   Then one day. An owl, flew to the mountain, perched on the open space. They were bewildered by the unexpected visit. But nonetheless, the owl bowed its head and asked, "I've been in search for a peaceful place to lay my eggs. From observance, your mountain is where I happen to feel the safest. Would you allow me to carry on and rest my eggs in this place."

  The person was kind enough to allow so. And months later, out of the three eggs that were laid. Only one hatched. However, the mother owl was out in search for food at the time. So looking at the strange purple owl, the person took care of it. Making sure no harms came its way.

   Upon the mother owls returned. It recognized what the person had done for it's child. And in return spoke, "I thank you for caring for my child. Your kind gestures I will never take for granted. In return, I vow that my family line, generation after next. Will ensure your safety, care, and love."

   And once the only hatched owl grew old enough, the mother past on the vow and flew away. It knew it's days were limited. And being present while their death was upon them would only saddened the person. That was the last thing it wanted to do. For a few years on, the strange baby purple owl lived on with that promise. Keeping the person company was all that they asked for.

Later on, the person spoke, "I thank you for caring. But I wish for more to share this love. More like you."

  "Your need is what I vow to grant.", the owl said and flew off.

  Moments later, it returned. The person astound by the sense of another's presence. An orange cat came to the mountain. The cat bowed its head respectfully and said,"I've heard that you were present here. And I can't help but feel drawn to you. I'm a mere stray cat but, I pray you will allow me to stay by your side. Please. Oh God."

  The cat was faithful to its word. And together, the three of them lived through the new developed companionship. This made God very happy.

  A spark idea came about the God, "Perhaps", God turned to the owl, "You can find those who are not like humans who would be willing to be my friends. If they understand how I feel, perhaps we would hold a banquet together."

   The owl merely agreed and nodded, "Your need is what I vow to grant.", and flew off. Spreading the word of a banquet to all of the creatures and animals of the forest below.

  In response, the owl was able to gather 12 animals to come to the mountain to see God. For years on, God and the 14 animals held banquet after banquet during whenever the moon shown. The owl ensuring that the animals were happy, so the God could be happy.

  They danced and God learned to laugh allowed. The moon observing the banquet between those who are different from each other.

  But then one night, the cat collapsed. It's natural life span was running out. The animals began to cry. All except the owl. For it has already been blessed with an offspring. The idea dying with no return in favor; never a bother. The baby purple owl would grow to follow the generational promise as soon as it gets old enough. The other animals however realized eventually they would all die, and the banquets would end.

  No matter how joyous.They would end. But then God utter the words of a spell and traced a circle around a sake cups rim. And brought it to the cats mouth. It took a sip from the cup. And gestured to the other animals.

  "Here and now I will make the bonds between us eternal. Even after we die, we shall remain connected. No matter how many times we die and are reborn. Out banquets will continue just like this. We shall be enternal and unchanging."

   They all took a sip, and the owl was the only one hesitant. It looked to the God and said, "If I were to drink this my God, what will change of the vow for I already passed on to my child? Will they too be sort of the eternal bond?"

  The God nodded, "Yes, your legacy will only be enhanced. If you worry too of your offspring. Have them drink from the cup."

Having an answer enough, the baby owl drunk. But as it finished drinking. The cat began to weap.

"God, why did you make me drink from that cup. Neither need or want eternity."

Those words echoed loudly. To God and the other animals. They were rejection. They rebuked their fellow guest. But still the cat continued.

"Oh God, things must end. We are mortal. Let us accept these truths. Scary and lonely as they are. I count it a blessing to have been with you. If we do meet again, I hope it's not only by moonlight. I'd wish to to be there when you smile in the sunlight and when you about humans too."

And with a final flick of its tail, the cat fell down and died. Their it laid. Disregarded by the others by its betrayel. Yet the owl, flew over and picked the cat up by its scruff. And flew off to properly bury it. For its life was just as precious as the others. It was to reject no one the God loved. It left that day as well. For it felt it's time running out. And didn't want to saddened the God further by its own death.

  Sometime later, the other animals began to die. One by one. The new baby owl, buried the others as well. Eventually the dragons time came, and it was just left as the owl and God again. God was saddened. The owl stood in front of them and spoke, "I wish to ease your sadness. God what do you wish for. I feel to have failed."

   But God only smiled down at the owl. Feeling their time coming to an end and whispered. "I am in no need. You have not failed me..", they pet its feathers, "Thank you for being their for me when I didn't think anyone would likely stand my presence. You truly made me happy."

  The owl only responded with concern, "What am I to tell my children for the vow is eternal."

"Tell them....... Thank you."

   And then, God's death came. The owl only watched as the life left their eyes. And Iike the other animals. It went to bury them. In hopes that it would create peace beyond the grave.

However, the owl continued to live on. Perched on the mountain with no purpose. The God was what they vowed to protect and yet no one was on the recipient end. Years passed and the owl didn't having any offspring. They didn't want for their children to be lonely. So when it's time came.......

It flew away. Instinctively making way to where it's previous generation laid to rest.

Inches away for the Gods burial sight.