memory | eddie munson

"you fucking idiot!" you punched him and then you punched him again. maybe there's a special place in hell for people like you but you all told him not to go on his own. the gang told him. you fucking told him. now you're holding onto his lifeless body and crying for dear life.

"oh eddie," you muttered and pulled him closer to you. there is no way he's gone. he was just there and now he's not and he never will be again.

"FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!" you screamed out loud. you kept thinking what if you had just let him go first... or if you had known him well enough you would've known what he was going to do, but you couldn't have known and you did know him.

fuck. fuck. fuck.

you had tried your best to stay away from eddie. you tried to be mean, you tried to ignore him, you tried but he just crawled his way into your heart. he was the only other person who was able to make you laugh and smile and forget about everything that was going on at hawkins.

with each passing day, you realized how alike the two of you were and even in the ways you weren't, you found a way to come together.  one of your favorite things to do together was to get high, listen to music or him play, and eat a shit ton of pizza and now that was all gone.

death was nothing new to you but that shit still hurt.

with that thought, came an image of billy. him smiling at you and walking closer to you with the intent of pulling you into his arms.

you shook your head.

again.

this shit has happened again.

you let someone in and they got hurt because of you. no, they fucking died cause of me.

after trying and trying to move his body, you finally gave up. you wiped your tears and sighed, "i am so so sorry i couldn't ever say it eddie but i love you. i love you now and i'll love you forever." you closed his eyes and kissed him goodbye. 

"i'll see you again," you repeat the same words you had only a year ago.

billy and eddie. eddie and billie.

they are nothing but a memory now, while you get to continue without them.. death was nothing new to you but this time it felt like you were dying too.