cheater cheater | part two | steve harrington / eddie munson

please listen to fire for you by the cannons for this imagine

you felt very wrong as you snuck out through your window but you couldn't help but also feel the excitement running through your veins. you could feel the beat of your heart in your chest as you landed on the ground.

for some reason you expected him to be waiting for you in his car, ready to drive off as quickly as possible. so, when you stood up after patting yourself down to get rid of dust and saw him only a couple of inches in front of you, you shrieked.

"you have no idea what seeing you jump out of your window did to me just now," he said.

you tried to steady your breathing as you turned your head up to look at him. the only lamppost outside your house made him look like he was glowing. any thoughts of steve were gone the moment you looked at him. you could only focus on the quick beating in your chest.

"i have no idea why i'm even doing it," you replied quietly and looked at the car behind him. oh, you did know why. you were the worst kind out there. the one that let dreamy eyes and pretty little words entrap you and make it hard for you to escape.

"you're a beautiful liar," he says and moves closer to you. he rests his finger under your chin and moves your head to look at him. "every word that comes from those lips is mesmerizing, i almost believed you." he comes close but turns away. he grabs your hand and pulls you to his car.

like the gentlemen he's not, he opens the door for you. you feigned being surprised, exaggerated it a bit. he rolled his eyes in response.

"where are we going?" you ask. you looked out the window, it was dark out. being out and about in the dark was always fun for you. you loved how comfortable you felt in the darkness.

"you'll see," he replied. you turned to watch as he concentrated on the road. watching him so focused and without the usual grin, he seemed almost sad. it is always the saddest people with the brightest personalities.

eddie is the kind of guy that can make you feel special just by looking at you. and once you hear him talk, it's over for you.

you recall all the girls you've seen him talk to in the last year. you always felt a small pang in your chest when you saw them laughing, twirling their hair, and leaning into him. he made them laugh. he would caress their cheeks and carry their bags. he acted as if you hadn't made him drop to his knees when you told him you were going back to steve. and you would hate it. you hated the feeling in your chest, the jealousy.

with that thought, your stomach drops. what the fuck are you doing.

"we're here," he says without looking at you. he stops and walks over to open the door for you. you're in a forest. it's as beautiful as it is eery at this time of night.

"i knew you hated me but enough to kill me?" you back away slowly.

"shut up and look beyond just two feet away from you for once will you?"

and then you saw the beautiful lake that stretched out for miles. it looked nice and sparkly.

"if you think i'm getting wet at this time you are fucking crazy," you replied. you hadn't noticed, but he had come up behind you.

"oh i don't think we need the lake for that," he whispered in your ear. his breath on your neck sent chills down your spine.

you moved away from him and finally took the time to look at his face. you both stared at each other for a couple seconds. you could not deny to yourself that this boy in front of you was driving you nuts.

"i'm still with steve," you blurted.

"you don't love him," he said simply. as if that's all he needed to move forward.

"yes, i do. i love steve and im his girlfriend. i shouldn't be here,"

"now you think that? who cares about him. i know you see the way he looks at nancy when she walks by. you see it. i see it. everybody sees it. fuck him y/n."

he starts walking towards you, you back away. "you had 20 minutes to tell me to turn around," he walks closer, you hit the drivers door. "20 minutes to think of steve. to remember that you're his girlfriend," he says with so much distaste. "yet you're here with me. you're his girlfriend but i know you've spent this year thinking of me. i've waited long enough y/n. you do not love steve. you haven't for a long time. tell me i'm wrong."

"stop,"

"no, i'm down waiting y/n. you won't leave his ass i'm tired of it. tell me right now that you are in love with steve and you feel nothing when you look at me. look at me." the way he said it made something inside you rumble.

you looked up from the ground. eye contact with him was intense; neither of you willing to look away. you were so close you could see his chest moving up and down, it made everything feel 10 times more exhilarating.

"tell me y/n."

"i'm not in love with steve, eddie! i don't love him okay? obviously i fucking don't if i'm standing here in front of your crazy ass. for some reason this is where i want to be. you have always confused the fuck outta of me. are you happy eddie? is that what you wanted to hear? does me saying it out loud boost your ego or something?!" you're breathing heavily by the end of it. you almost cry. you don't love steve. of course you don't love him. you have spent that last couple months trying to convince yourself that you do. trying to pretend like seeing eddie with these girls didn't bother you.

"i needed you to finally admit that it's me. that it's always been me. that this fucking year i had to spend watching you bore yourself with harrington wasn't for nothing."  of course it's always a competition for him.

"oh wow how amazing! what about you? you didn't think i couldn't see every single girl that had their arms around your waist? and i'm supposed to believe all year you wanted me? ha," you scoffed. "look i don't give a fuck what steve is doing and i don't give a fuck what you're doing. i'm an idiot. take me home."

"i don't careeee about them," he threw his arms out and let them drop. he seemed frustrated as if you should already know that.

"how should i know?" you crossed your arms.

"y/n. whenever you were in the room, i found whoever i could to try and make you jealous. it was fucking pathetic, but there i was watching you while some girl went on and on about some shit i don't care about and it was annoying. it's always been about you so please stop kidding yourself."

"steve—"

he closed his eyes and clenched his eyes at the sound of steve's name.

"stop y/n. let go," he was inches from your lips.

so you let go.

the two of you sighed in two in the kiss as if it were something the two of you had been needing for a long time. his lips moved perfectly with yours.

you pulled on his shirt to get him closer to you. you loved that he was also desperately trying to get closer to you. he wrapped his arms around your back and pulled you into him without break the kiss.

he hooked under your thighs and pulled you up. you wrapped your legs around him and continued to kiss his lips, cheek, and neck as he opened the door and set you down into the back seat.

"you are so beautiful y/n," he says as he hovers over you. "so so beautiful," he whispers. he puts a strand of your hair behind your ear and dips down to continue to kiss you.

your hands reach out and touched his arms, his stomach and finally you slowly reached lower.

he made an almost whimpering sound while kissing you that only excited you even more. you loved the reaction you got from him.

"fuck y/n, the things you do to me."

you had missed this.