i want you | robin & nancy

"she's starringggggg again," robin sung. she was twirling the ice cream swooped in her hand while she leaned against the counter. you were opposite of her, opposite of the cash register.

you looked over your shoulder and robin was right. nancy was at one of the tables in the dining area and stared right at you. she gave you a small, shy, smile.

you smiled for a split second then turned to look at robin. "what do i do?" you sighed and watched as robin grabbed a cone and filled it up with ice cream.

"this should help," she grinned and handed you the cone.

you smiled and mumbled how delicious it was as you licked it. you watched robin and she also scooped herself some ice cream. she looked at you and bit into her ice cream.  "you are a disgrace to humanity," you told her.

she laughed and bit into it again. you just watched robin as she spoke about what you could do to get nancy or whatever.

when you first met robin, you had stopped by for ice cream and somehow ended up ranting to her about how you really liked a girl who was obviously not happy in her relationship. you mentioned that nancy threw subtle hints about being interested, but never actually did anything about it. you had tried to possibly start something, but her boyfriend would come in and ruin it.

now, she was no longer with jonathan and would stop by the mall almost everyday just as you had been doing for a couple months now. she would sit in the same spot and eat and just stare.

however, recently you haven't been feeling the same way towards nancy. you found yourself wanting to learn everything you could about robin. you found yourself canceling plans in order to visit her at the shop. you found yourself completely forgetting nancy.

"basically, i say go for it. she obviously knows you're into her now. she's practically begging for you to go after her," she rolled her eyes. ". . . just do what makes you happy. i just want to see you happy." the last sentence was mumbled as if to remind herself.

you turned to look at nancy again. she waved her hand. meaning she wanted you to go over. you looked back at robin with wide eyes —omg— who slightly frowned. she quickly recovered. "go get em dingus," she gave you a halfhearted smile.

you took a deep breathe and faced nancy once again. you slowly walked over to her.

throughout the entire exchange with her you would angle yourself so you could watch robin. you definitely knew that nancy was not who you wanted.

after a couple minutes, you walked back to robin. you had a huge smile on your face as you approached her.

"im guessing it went well?" robin muttered.

"she uh asked me out," you informed her. which was true.

"oh. well, i'm glad!" robin replied. she tried to force a smile, but you could see how hard it was for her.

you couldn't help but smirk at her. "are you jealous?"

"jealous? what? no way! i'm not jealous. i am not jealous, y/n. why would i be jealous?" she started nervously scooping ice cream.

"i mean, i would be jealous too." you replied.

she paused with the ice cream and looked at you through the glass. "why?"

"because liking you would make it difficult for me to not feel jealous if someone else possibly had your attention." you walked in front of the cash register.

she straightened herself and stood behind the cash register. "i thought—"

"not for a while now. talking to nancy, it helped me realize that it's not her i want to be with."

"so, who is it?" she bit her lip to stop herself from smiling.

"some dingus."

"ah, my favorite kind of person." she grinned and handed you another cone. she truly was going to be the reason for another sugar rush.

"mine as well," you bit into the ice cream, but you instantly regretted it. only aliens could bite their ice cream.

robin laughed and shook her head. you were so glad that robin felt the same way. being around her always made you feel extremely happy. she was one of a kind. you were excited for whatever the future held for you two.

would you like more robin imagines? please let me know! thank you and have a wonderful day.