Pages | Steve Harrington

You sat in your room working in your journal. You had this habit of collecting random things and pasting them onto the pages of a new or old journal you had. In the end, it came out looking beautiful as a whole. The one you worked on now was your third journal. It was a passion of yours. You felt as if the journals told a story of yours that you couldn't tell yourself.

You were pasting a photo you took of the woods passed your house. It was a creepy yet interesting picture.

As you sat down looking for newspapers to glue below it, your mother called you from downstairs.

"(y/n)! there's someone here for you," you looked towards your door in confusion before dropping your glue on the ground and going downstairs.

As you walked towards the door your mother whispered, "he's a real handsome boy," she winked.

You slowed down trying to think of who it could possibly be. Your heart skipped a beat thing that maybe it could be Jonathan, but why would he even visit you? He hadn't done so in years. You stood behind the door trying to listen to anything, but whoever was behind the door was being very quiet.

Finally, you opened the door to reveal Steve Harrington, the senior, standing at your doorstep. You felt slightly embarrassed because you were in a onesie.

You stood there silently before he said, "hey (y/n). How are you?"

You were unsure as to why he'd be at your house, at 9 pm. You didn't even talk to the guy. He was a senior and you were a junior.

"Uh, hey? I'm sorry but uh why are you here?" you tried not to sound mean, but you were genuinely confused and curious.

"Remember that project we worked on together?" He said. You recalled working on a math project together. You were in classes with seniors because you had many advanced classes.

"Yeah? Last semester?"

"Yeah, well, uh.." he scratched his neck and chuckled.

"Okay, i'm going to be honest. I really enjoyed hanging out with you and it's taken me a while to build up the courage to make a move, you know?" he said.

"You make a move? on me?" You felt surprised, but then couldn't help to feel like he was dared. You stepped out of your door slightly and looked around.

"Did someone dare you?" You asked.

"What? No. I'm serious. I know it's hard to take me seriously because of the whole Nancy situation and my old friends, but i've changed. I swear! Could I maybe come in?" He asked while rocking around.

"Well, uh," you were thinking about saying no, but then your mother popped out of nowhere from behind you.

"Of course you can come in! We have some left overs from dinner. Would you like some?" She said cheerfully. She was probably listening to the whole conversation. You stepped aside and let Steve in.

"Hello, Mrs. (your last name). It's a pleasure to meet you." he kissed the back of her hand which made your mother smile and nod her head at you.

You sat with him as he ate some leftovers. Your mother also sat next to him asking him questions about himself.

"How did you meet (y/n)? She's never talked to me about such a lovely boy as yourself," she cheered. You gave your mother a warning look. She was acting as if you were dating the guy.

"Well, we have a couple classes together, but we really talked when we worked on a project. Your daughter is incredibly smart," he smiled at you. You couldn't help but smile. You enjoyed when people told you how smart you were even if you'd deny it.