Who? | Jonathan/Steve

Was it possible to love two guys at once?

You sighed heavily. Last year, your were googly eyes only for Jonathan. You loved the sweet, quiet, and caring boy. He always looked out for you. Even when he was dealing with his own problems he would make sure to make you happy. It was like that for a long while until this year.

Steve Harrington. You disliked him so much the year before. He was always bullying Jonathan which would infuriate you. He would never touch you, but he did Jonathan. However, this year he did a complete 180. He was different. He showed you his sensitive side.

Falling for Steve was inevitable. His charming smile was to die for, but Jonathan also had a huge part of your heart.

They were two different boys, yet held your heart. They knew. They knew you were conflicted. You had been completely honest with them. You weren't going to hurt them by pretending to like just one.

Telling them the truth didn't go as planned. They would each do such sweet things to try to win your heart, but that would make you fall for them even harder.

"Hey (y/n)," Steve said while walking up to you. The sound of his voice made your heart jump. He leaned against the locker next to you. He had a charming smile plastered on his beautiful face.

"Hi Steve," you replied happily. You played with your hair before realizing and quickly dropping your hand. You never played with your hair, ever.

"I was wondering whether you could help me study for our math exam tonight?" He smiled. He would look at your lips then quickly back directly at you.

"Well, yes? Jonathan is coming over too." You replied. You noticed Steve clench his jaw before nodding slowly.

"That's fine. I'll see you at 7?" He asked. You nodded your head happily.

"Great!" He smiled down at you before kissing your cheek and walking away.

-

You heard your doorbell ring from upstairs.

"I got it!" You yelled so that your parents nor your brother would answer. You ran down the steps quickly.

"Hey! Nice—" you face two boys who were shoving each other out of the way.

"Seriously!?" You rolled your eyes. 

They both held beautiful roses in their hands, so they quickly extended their arms to hand them to you.

"Thank you guys." You told them.

Why do they have to be so cute? You asked yourself. You loved how much confidence jonathan has showed, but you also loved how much confidence steve already had.

"You guys can come in," you smiled. They both tried to walk in at the same time. Jonathan pressed his lips together before smiling and nodding his head for Steve to go in.

"No, it's fine. You can go," Steve told Jonathan.

Jonathan shook his head, "No. You go in."

"No! You. Go. In"

"No. Go. In!"

"N—"

"Or for the love of God! You better come in or none of you will ever come back here again!" You yelled. Steve and Jonathan quickly entered the house.

They both walked to the living room where your mother was.

"Hello Mrs. (your mother's last name)." They both time her.

"Hello Mr. (your dad's last name)."

"Oh hello boys!" Your mother greeted them.

"Sweetie, I see why you'd be confused," she said facing you.  You could feel your cheeks begin to heat up.

"Mom!" You yelled. She laughed.

"C'mon let's go upstairs," you told the boys. They both followed you up to your room.

"Whoa, your room is beautiful." Steve commented.

"It's always been," Jonathan told him. Steve shot Jonathan a glare.

Rather than studying, they both kept arguing or throwing shady remarks towards each other.

You currently sat in bed wondering what it was that you would do. You didn't know what it was you wanted, but you knew they both wanted you.

So, the question was Jonathan Byers or Steve Harrington?