Protective | Steve Harrington

You were by your locker, in the halls of Hawkins High School. Steve, a close friend of yours, stopped by like he always did.

"Hey (y/n)!" He said. He was holding onto his backpack with one hand. Then, he held out his other hand to ask for yours.

"I've told you many times I can hold my own backpack, Steve." You laughed. Still, you handed him your backpack. He gave you an "mhm sure" look.

"Hey, if you offer, I must oblige." You told him while holding your hands up defensively. He chuckled.

Suddenly a range of gasps filled the room, mostly from the girls.

"He's so hot!" A random girl faced you then walked closer to the entrance/exit doors.

There was a new kid in town. His name was Billy. Billy Hargrove. Many people had many mixed reviews about him already. You hadn't seen much of him, so you couldn't know how he was like.

He stood by the door, slightly leaning against it. He had a lollipop in his mouth and he smiled vibrantly. He had denim on denim, denim jeans and denim jacket, but he rocked it.

He was a very handsome boy. He rocked in confidence. You definitely understood why people stood and stared as he walked by.

You hadn't noticed you were staring for
a good amount of time until Steve waved his hand in front of your face.

You shook your head slightly then looked at Steve. He had an unreadable face.

"You were drooling," he said finally.

"I was not!" You shoved him. He didn't return the playful gesture, which he usually did, but you chose to ignore it because Billy was walking by.

As he passed you, he noticed you staring and smirked. He threw the lollipop in his mouth and turned. He walked towards you.

You noticed the many stares and glares that you were receiving. Steve pressed you close, protectively, but Billy hardly noticed.

"Hiya," he smiled. You were able to smell the sweet scent of cherries as he spoke.

"Hello," you replied shyly. You looked at the floor to hide the fact that you were already blushing. However, Billy put a finger below your chin and raised it to face him.

"A beautiful girl like you shouldn't try to hide it," he grinned while licking his lips.

"I'll see you around?" He asked.

"I—"

"Yeah, I don't think that will be possible." Steve interrupted. You turned your back to Billy and mentally slapped Steve.

What is he doing? First boy to take interest in you and he's ruining it!

You turned back to Billy.

"Hey, I'm sorry about hi—"

"No. No, it's okay. Let him talk. Is there a problem?" Billy was smiling. He enjoyed this. He faced Steve now.

"Actually, yes. I don't like that you're all over her." He told him. He dropped the backpacks and crossed his arms.

"I can do whatever I like, buddy. Plus,
she was enjoying it. Weren't you babe?" He turned to face you.

"First of all, don't call me buddy. Second of all, don't call her babe."

You noticed the crowd that surrounded the three of you. They wanted a fight. They were drooling for one.

"Hey, let's go." You whispered to Steve. You put your hands on his arm and tried to pull him away.

"No!" Billy yelled causing you to jump. He also pushed you away from Steve in the process. Anything attractive you saw in him was gone. Steve pulled you behind him.

"Don't fucking touch her!" Steve said angrily. He was breathing heavily.

"What?" Billy sneered. He walked closer to Steve.

"You heard what I said." Steve didn't hesitate to punch Billy across the face. People were enjoying the show. Once again you tugged at Steve.

"Stay away from her," he told him before picking up both backpacks. Billy was rubbing his cheek. There was blood escaping his lips which, with a smile, he rubbed off.

Steve took your hand and you both walked away from a psychotic billy.