love | billy hargrove

He ran a hand through his curly hair and adjusted his shirt. Through the mirror, he looked at you. He had a small smirk on his face, "like what you see?"

"No way," you laughed though you both knew you did. Billy was such a handsome boy. You loved everything about him. His eyes, his body, his smile, his hair. Oh god... his hair.

"Are you excited?" He asked sheepishly. He kept readjusting his shirt and his hair, nervous gestures.

"Of course I am," you replied happily.

Billy was incredibly nervous because he planned a date for the two of you which is something he's never done before for anyone. He truly wanted your approval and wanted to make you happy. You appreciate all the effort he was putting into your relationship. Many people knew, including yourself, that Billy was not the "best" with his emotions, but he definitely showed you how much he cared for you.

"You want to start heading out? My father will probably come home soon and I would really like to leave before he does."

"Sounds good," you replied sympathetically. You hated the mention of his father and hated how badly he treated Billy.

He extended his hand for you to take. You interlocked your hands with him and leaned into his shoulder. You felt his chuckle all throughout your body.

"God, I love you," you blurted. It was at the tip of your tongue and you could not hold it in you any longer.

Billy stopped dead in his tracks. He held you at shoulders length and stared right into your soul. "You love me? You mean it?"

It had been a while since he's heard that someone loved him. He was so used to not being cared for that this was difficult for him to believe.

"More than you'll ever know," you looked at him with a smile on your face. You wrapped your arms around his neck and he held your waist.

"You don't understand how much that means to me. I always believed that loving someone as much as I love you was impossible. You have changed me in ways that no one else could have, baby. I am so glad that you are my girlfriend," he pressed his forehead to yours. "I always believe that I was incapable of being loved," he whispered.

You smiled and shook your head. "Not incapable. I'm so utterly in love with everything about you. I'm in love with you," you pressed your lips to his.