new host | billy hargrove

based on the stranger things season three trailer.

"We have to figure out how to kill him," Steve told the group casually as he paced back and forth.

You gasped. "Woah, woah, woah.. hold on," you threw your hands out in front of you, "first we have to figure out how to get him out of Billy. Right?"

There was no way that they could possibly think about killing the Mind Flayer and Billy. You stared at them incredulously when there was no response. "Right?" You urged.

"Y/n, it's either him or everyone." Mike muttered.

"No way. No fucking way! You can't just kill him!" You turned to stare at Steve. How could he bring up such a horrible idea?

"He's a dick anyway. He—"

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" You shoved passed Steve. "Please do remember that you were the biggest dick of all before Billy." You began to ascend the stairs. You turned to look at the group, "I seriously can't believe you guys are considering this. He is still human! I will die before I let you kill him." With that, you left.

"Y/n? Are you okay?"

You ignored Mike's parents as you stalked through the house. You didn't care to show that you were obviously pissed about something. Mike and Nancy could deal with their parents on their own. You slammed the door.

Once you were outside you let the tears fall. You were pissed and scared but mostly pissed. Billy could be a difficult person, but he was just a broken boy who needed help. He showed you the good in him. Everyone refused to believe that he was slowly starting to understand how to be a good person.

He didn't deserve to be taken this way. The Mind Flayer had control of him now. It was using him as a new host. As of late, there had been no signs of the actual Billy, but you believed that he was still there.

You couldn't let them hurt Billy. You had to find him first.

"Where could you be?" You muttered to yourself. Where in Hawkins could it take Billy?
An idea sparked in your head. The first time you hung out with Billy, he took you to a lake. It was a long shot, but it could be possible and it would show you that Billy was still in there.

You ran to your car and turned it on. You took deep breaths. It was dark outside, you hate the dark. This could cause you your life, but you had to try. As you took your moment alone, a light blinded you. Steve, Jonathan, Nancy, Mike, Dustin, Lucas, Will, and Max all cane running out of the door.

You could hear Steve shouting for you to stop. You had to go. Now. You switched the gear stuck from park to drive. You left.

From the rear view mirror you could see them all piling into Jonathan's car. You had to move fast.

-

The sound of the crickets freaked you out even more. It was more than creepy being out in the woods alone. You grabbed your flashlight and turned it on.

You slowly made your way through the woods towards the lake. It was a couple miles which sucked ass for you. Your hearing was definitely heightened due to your fear. Ever little sound made you jump. Finally, when the lake came into view so did the silhouette of a person. You instantly knew it was him.

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. I'm so stupid. "Billy?" You called out. He did not move. Creepy as shit. "Billy. It's me. It's y/n."

You slowly approached Billy, but kept a good amount of distance between the two of you.

"Billy?"

His laughter echoed through the woods. Chills ran down your body. The laughter sounded like him and his body was shaking like it did when he laughed, but you knew that this was not him.

He—It let out an exasperated sigh, "You made a huge mistake."