Pool Party | Harrington

Toxic. It's the first word that comes to mind whenever you think about Steve.

Addicting. That's the second word you can think of. Steve Harrington is like a drug to you. You know he's bad for you, but you can't get enough.

Hormones. It's what's driving you nuts. Stupid, teenager, feelings. There was a problem with your stupid crush on Steve, he didn't know who you were. Well, he might've but no really really.

Steve's the school bad boy. Anyone that he passes by cowers or makes way for him. You're y/n. You're okay in school, but you're not some total smartass or dumbass. You're also not popular. Sure, you've got some friends, but the whole world doesn't revolve around you like it does for Steve.

There was no way you'd be able to get to know Steve better. No way.

"You're staring too much, y/n," your friend whispered. She nudged you causing you to lose control of the hand holding your head up. You quickly glared at Cheryl.

"What?" She in a seat next to yours. "You were basically drooling and clearly over him," she eyed Steve. You felt a faint blush appear on your cheeks. 

"He's just so beautiful," you whispered. Cheryl laughed and shook her head.

"Man, you already know how I feel about him, but I also don't want you to feel miserable for the rest of your life because you didn't do anything. Zach's hosting a party tomorrow night. Come and make an impression. I'm sure he'll be there," she wiggled her eyebrows.

You sat up quickly, "no way Cher! I'm not going to some party and i'm not talking to him. I'd rather die with a hundred cats, which by the way, isn't so bad at all!"

"C'mon. You know deep down that you'd like to." She smirked. You shook your head but a small smile appeared on your face.

"Yay!" She exclaimed.

"Oh, and it's a pool party, so we have to go bikini shopping." She added quickly.

Your eyes widened. You looked down at your current clothes. It was an oversized dress and boots. Showing too much of your body was always an insecurity. No one has ever seen you in anything tight or that fits just right.

"Cheryl. You know how I feel about myself. I really can't do that," you muttered.

"Y/n, you are beyond beautiful. You'll be okay, okay?" She reached for hand which you took happily.

"O-Okay. I'm ready," you let out a shaky breath.