unfaithful | steve harrington

your shift was almost over, but it's not like it mattered. instead of being at the cashier like you were supposed to be, you were being pressed against countless shelves in the back of  the ice cream shop.

harry, a boy who also worked there during your shift, was pressing his lips against your lips, cheek, and neck. you sighed into his mouth and pulled at his brown curls. a small groan escaped his beautiful lips at the gesture.

this was wrong. so so so wrong. even more so because you weren't single. you were dating steve harrington and you loved him, but this was irresistible. harry's green eyes were compelling and hard to say no to.

"yeah maybe they're back here? i—" steve fell silent as he entered the storage room. he came in far too quick to be able to push harry away. so, he found you against a wall with your legs wrapped around him, hand in his hair, and his lips on your neck.

you pulled away. both your cheeks were stained light pink and your hair was a mess. you picked up the scoops ahoy hat quickly off the ground and stared at steve.

what was there to stay?

"get out," he muttered and stared at harry.

"i—" harry began to say.

"get the fuck out!" steve yelled.

harry hurried past him, but stopped to ask, "i'm uh not losing my job right?" however, upon steve's enraged look, he left the building as quickly as possible.

steve turned to look back at you. you were gulping and trying desperately to fix your messy hair.

"what. the. fuck." steve gasped and threw his hands in the air. he paced the small storage room while pulling his hair.

"steve i—"

"what the fu—y/n!"when he looked at you, you were able to notice the tears that were beginning to form in his eyes. "why?" he whispered.

your heart ached for steve. instantly, you hated yourself for hurting him in such a cruel way. he was nothing but good to you yet here you were.

"i'm so sorry, steve. i'm so so sorry," there was nothing more that you could think about saying. you heard robin close the shop doors and turn the open sign.

"i gave you everything! i treated you like nothing less than a queen, i fought for you, i dumped nancy for you! do you know how in love with me she was? i left her for you! i love you, y/n. how could you do this to me?" he rubbed his face and sighed heavily.

"i'm sorry steve. that was a mistake! i love you," you said desperately. you shouldn't have let harry kiss you. it was a huge mistake. you couldn't lose steve over this. you couldn't.

to see steve so angry was upsetting. he was almost nothing but laughs and smiles, but you had just changed that.

"for him? what does harry have that i don't?" the venom in his voice was unnerving.

"nothing. nothing! i love you, steve," you moved closer to him. slowly, you pressed your right palm against his cheek.

steve slightly leaned into your hand and put his left hand on your right wrist, but with that hand he pulled your hand away from his face. "liar," he said as he stared directly at you. both your face and his were stained with tears.

he left the storage room without another word. you threw yourself on the floor and sobbed. you lost the one person who truly cared for you for a couple minutes with someone who didn't matter.