27.

Christen stops and tries to wrap his mind around what Genevieve just told him. Why? How? Is the only thing Christen can think. As Christen stands in the middle of the room— Genevieve is already leaning back up and is looking at the back of him.

"I heard you last night right before I fell asleep. You asked me to be yours right?"

Genevieve says with hope that she is correct about what she heard.

Christen turns his head to look at the woman he never thought he fall for. He knows so little but needs her so much in his life. It's scary for Christen. He doesn't want to hurt her. He has different mood swigs everyday. He just doesn't know what to do.

Christen hasn't spoken a word. Genevieve can tell his in his head. She feels that he needs time. They are in a risky relationship, or a risky "interaction". Genevieve doesn't blame him for the lack of words.

"Maybe I shouldn't have said anything. If you want me to go home I can. I do have to study for a test coming up. So I'll go a-ahead and uh take my leave." Genevieve scoots out of bed and walks past Christen.

Christen is drowning in every emotion that can fill his mind. He doesn't know what to say to Genevieve. He wants her but what if he hurts her, gets her into trouble, or worse—ruins her future.

He wants the best for her, but he can't find the strength to say he wants her. He wants to take her out to dinner like a "normal" couple.

When Christen starts to calm his mind, Genevieve left already for about 15 minutes.

He stood there for 15 minutes? Christen's panic turns into anger. He punches the wall out of pure hatred at his mind for taking over once again.

He has fought against his mind millions of times. And recently,  he won a couple of those battles. But this battle? May have ruined his and Genevieve's happiness.

He walks out of his bedroom and slams the door to his office—staying in there till his classes begin.

——————————————————

It's been a week from the last night they shared and the morning that broke their hearts. Genevieve feels a lot of emotions like anger, sadness, and she doesn't want to feel this but— also feeling of being used. She gave herself to him and he won't talk to her?

She can't talk to him cause you know... pride. But she wants him. All she can do right now is walk in his class and act like their broken bound isn't effecting her.

She seats next to Lewis who she can actually talk more too. They gotten close over the week. Lewis just needs  someone to talk too. And so does Genevieve. Of course she didn't tell him about her and their Professor.

"Okay class, this weekend is the annual art/music fundraiser."

The art and music department raise money every year to help with funds for extra stuff. Yes, they go to a good school. But not every good school can provide all the things they need.

Genevieve always looks forward to it. It is always so fun for her but this year Christen is in charge of a lot of the planning. And all students in the departments have to participate.

She is dreading the awkwardness. But at least she can see Christen from a far.

"As you all know I will be in charge of the event. This year I want each of you to come up with an idea or better yet an art piece to have displayed."

Lewis gets real excited thinking that his art can be on display for others to see, but Genevieve just wants to go back to her dorm and get cuddles from Lacey.

"And you have to have partners on this project. You all have the entire class period to put your ideas together. Tomorrow, you will present your idea in class. Good luck"

Genevieve gets captured by his voice and all she can do it is think. "What is going on in your head?"

"What? Did you say something?"

Lewis says at Genevieve who accidentally said her thoughts out loud. Again.

"Oh um, I was talking to you of course. Umm partner."

Genevieve smiles hoping he will buy her lie.

"Oh okay! Well I was thinking we mix the art of music and the art of art."

Genevieve laughs at how confusing that is.

"I know it sounds crazy but I got a picture in my head."

"Okay well you are the artist in this group so draw away."

10 minutes past and Lewis roughs drafts his art and shows a distracted Genevieve. Lewis is getting a certain feeling but he doesn't dwell on it. He only cares if Genevieve likes the idea of not.

Lewis snaps Genevieve out of her daydreaming and brings her back to reality. She turns her head to him and is all she can see is a picture of people dancing, and some playing instruments.

"You know that reminds me of a lesson in my music education—New Orleans jazz. What if we base it off on that. Art and music is showcase throughout that city."

"That's everything!"

Lewis looks like he can explode from excitement. The two continue on their vision. While Christen regrets his decision on partners.

He notices how close they got over the week. He remembers last time she was weirded out by him. But now they are close? And he is making her smile? Christen's stomach turns from the thought that they might potentially have feelings for each other.

As Genevieve works and Christen tries to do the same. The two never show that they are both missing each other. Badly.

"Why can't I say anything." They both think.