42.

Trigger: fighting and mention of hurtful words towards non- binary people.
————————————————-

The weekend comes to a end and classes for Christen and Genevieve begin. Genevieve is dreading going to Christen's class, she knows that she can't touch him after class.

She walks the hallway to Christen's classroom with a blushing Lewis. He is pink because Genevieve brought up them leaving the dorm yesterday.

"It's okay Lewis, we all have needs."

Lewis stops in the middle of the door frame of Christen's classroom. Half from the comment that Genevieve made and the other half of the girl who is standing in front of Genevieve's Professor.

Genevieve notices that lewis isn't beside her anymore and she turns around. Seeing him in a state that she has never seen him in.

"Did I make you uncomfortable? I'm sorr-"

Lewis stops Genevieve mid sentence by pointing pass her. She follows his hand, slowly turning to see Miranda— close to Christen.

Genevieve feels her heart crack a tiny bit. She hates knowing she can't wrap her arms around his neck and kiss his lips in front of her. But she just replays Christen telling her that he loves her, and continues to walk to her seat.

Lewis catches up to Genevieve, he watches as Genevieve keeps her head down. She doesn't make her eyes look at the two in the front of the classroom. Genevieve walks past them and both Miranda and Christen see her.

Christen hates seeing her like that but Miranda loves it. Miranda thinks they didn't work things out after the fundraiser. Miranda already thinks she has won the battle.

Genevieve walks up to her seat and puts down her book bag. Genevieve gets out her book, trying to distract herself. Lewis sees Genevieve blocking the view of the Professor and Miranda. He pats her shoulder to show her that he is there for her.

"Thank you so much Mr. Stone, is there any way I can repay you for your advice?"

Miranda twists her tiny waist in place with her hands connected in front of
her.

"No, just doing my job. I really need to start my class. If you need anything else, you can email me."

Christen gestures towards the door, and Miranda puts on a fake smile.

Miranda leaves wishing to have more come out of that conversation. Christen is just happy to have full view of Genevieve again. He may not be able to show everyone in the class that she belongs to him, but he can definitely keep an eye on her.

"Okay Class! I hope you enjoyed the fundraiser. It was a huge success, special thanks to Mr. Calson and Miss. Hernandez."

Christen claps at the hard work the two gave to the project. The rest of students join in.

Genevieve feels her face go hot as other continue to clap. She makes eye contact with Christen. Seeing his eyes for some reason makes Genevieve shy. She has looked deep into those eyes before but now it's different. Genevieve can't pin point it out. It's just a different look he is giving her.

Christen smiles at her reaction and decides to leave her alone and move on to the lesson.

"Open up your laptops and look at the PowerPoint with me."

Genevieve feels relived that the clapping stop. Genevieve doesn't like to be in the spotlight. She keeps to herself. She likes it that way.

Class goes on and Genevieve feels herself calming down each minute that passes. Mainly because of Christen's voice. His voice always helps her stress.