30.

Genevieve and Lewis's idea is almost done becoming a reality. They are staying after class with Christen like they are asked too— and now it is the last day to finish everything before the fundraiser.

Working with Christen isn't as bad as Genevieve thought. They stayed pretty much far away from each other. Of course, there are times they needed to talk to each other, because Christen needs to know exactly what Genevieve wants. All she can do is push back her feelings and answer his questions.

Since today is their last day Genevieve feels a lot calmer than the rest of their meetings. But today Genevieve feels like something is going to happen. She can't fully get a grip on it yet.

After class comes, Lewis and her go back to finishing up the final details. There are some more painting they have to do but not too much. Christen sits at his desk while the two of them finish their project.

As they keep working Lewis gets a call. He puts down his paint brush and pulls out his phone. He blushes at the sight of the name.

Lewis gets up from his spot to give himself some privacy as he answers the call. Genevieve doesn't really pay attention to it, she just wants to finish the painting and leave.

But little does she know, she is going to have to stay longer then she thought. Lewis gets done with his call and makes his way to Genevieve. He taps her shoulder indicating that he has something to tell her.

"Hey, could I ask you a huge favor?"

"Yeah, sure. What's up?"

She puts down her brush to give Lewis her full attention.

"I umm got off the phone with Simone. They asked if I want to hangout. Would it be okay if I leave and you finish up? But I won't go if you don't want me too."

Genevieve's heart starts to speed up, thinking her and Christen are going to be alone.

But what kind of friend would she be if she didn't let Lewis go hangout with his crush.

"That's fine Lewis. Go. I got this."

Lewis's smile grows bigger hearing that he can go. He hugs Genevieve and gets up to to tell their Professor that he has to leave.

Christen says his goodbye to Lewis and Lewis does the same. He picks his stuff up, but before leaving he thanks Genevieve again. Genevieve nods and goes back to painting.

Lewis leaves and now they are officially alone. Genevieve can't really focus on the painting because of tension. She feels the uncomfortable vibes that are surrounding the both of them.

Christen wants to break the silence, but doesn't know exactly what to say. All he can think to ask is about band.

"So how's band going for you?"

Christen voice directs at Genevieve. She feels her body gets chills of the sound of his voice. She hasn't heard it in a quiet room for sometime. She misses it.

Genevieve doesn't turn her head to look at him while she answers. She doesn't know what she will do if they make eye contact.

"Umm band is going good. Thanks for taking care of the fundraiser this year."

"Of course, I know how much this fundraiser means to y'all."

Genevieve just smiles as her response.

She goes back to paying attention to her project. But she hears movement, she turns her head to see him rolling up his selves giving Genevieve the understanding that he is going to help her finish. Christen turns his head to look at Genevieve, he can feel her staring. She notices she is caught and turns her head back at her painting. Christen smiles at her blushing face.

Christen and Genevieve work hard to finish the painting. They are almost done when Genevieve reaches over to dip her brush in the vibrant yellow— but when she does she accidentally hits the paint bottle onto Christen's pants.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean too."

Genevieve grabs paper towels to help clean up.

"It's fine, it's oka-",

"I so sorry I'll pay for yo-"

Christen stops Genevieve from finishing her sentence.

"Genevieve, baby it's okay."

Hearing him call her baby makes Genevieve emotional. She misses the way he calls her sweet names. She misses him so much. The more she thinks about it the faster the tears come out. She turns her head so Christen doesn't notice. But she didn't do it in time cause Christen can  see her tears fill up her eyes. His heart is aching at the sight.

He moves his hands to her face and wipes away her tears.

"Genevieve, I'm sorry. I should have told you how I felt that day- I-I just didn't know how to say it. I got.... Scared. Genevieve I miss you. I miss your smile. Your laugh. Your lips. I miss everything about you."

Genevieve's tears flow faster.

She turns her head to look at Christen, she wants to know if he really means everything he is saying.

When she does, she smiles. She smiles because his face shows it all. She grabs his hands that are on her face to let Christen know she misses him too.

"Genevieve, I'm sorry."

Christen looks down but Genevieve doesn't want him to feel bad. She understands, love is scary. It's unpredictable, no one is really ever ready for love. It finds you in mysterious ways.

She picks up his head with her hand and and scoots closer to him.

"It's okay, Christen— it's okay."

Christen's heart warms up seeing her smile at him. They look in each other's eyes, happy to be able to hold each other in their arms again. But Genevieve wants more. They both do.

They get closer to each other and with close distance they attack each other's lips with heat and love. They missed their taste so bad that the kiss is filled with desperation.

They sit up at the same time never breaking the kiss, she runs her hands all over his back, clawing her nails not wanting to let him go.

Christen pushes Genevieve on her back. Breaking the kiss so they both can breathe. He places his arm under her back to bring her closer to him.

Genevieve who is a breathing heavily watches Christen's every move. Watching his eyes devour her. Christen leans close to Genevieve face and lets his words linger in Genevieve's ears. The words she wants to hear for the rest of her life.

"My beautiful baby girl."