36.

Trigger: self harm, crying, heartbreak.
————————————————

"Genevieve, sweets please breathe."

Vic is trying her best to calm a crying Genevieve.

"I s-should h-have beat h-her f-face!"

Genevieve is pissed. Genevieve has a great guy and some bitch wants to take him. But she can't jeopardize Christen's life.

Genevieve keeps crying for a few more minutes, wishing she said more to Miranda.

"Gen, what's wrong?"

Being with Vic helps Genevieve a lot. She is glad she doesn't have to go through this moment alone.

"I'm fine, I'll explain what is going on later but your staff needs you. I'll go back in a couple of minutes."

"You don't have to go back to work. You should go home and take a breather."

"Are you sure Vic?"

Vic nods with a smile. Vic helps Genevieve off the ground and hugs her before Genevieve walks to go back to her dorm.

She walks with cloudy eyes and passes by people having a good time. Genevieve only wants to get to her dorm and think of ways to pull herself out of this situation.

Before she can leave the court yard Christen walks up to her.

"Miss. Hernandez, your project is.."

Genevieve turns her head to look at Christen for one more time.

Christen's heart drops when he sees her eyes. He looks around before learning in closer to her. Genevieve backs away when he does.

"Gen? What's wrong? Are you okay? Did someone hurt you?"

Genevieve's tears come faster watching the man she loves care for her. But she can't risk Miranda seeing them and ruining everything.

"Christen please, I need to go. We can't be seen. I-I want to explain. But I umm c-can't. We c-can't s-see each other for a w-while."

Genevieve pulls away from his hand and tries to walk away but he walks closer to her.

"Gen what do you mean? Why? Did I do something wrong?"

"Christen please! Let me go."

Christen backs off and watches Genevieve walk away from him. His mind racing 100 miles per hour. Why? Why? Why? Is all he can think.

Christen grabs his hair and punches the booth stand next to him. Luckily no one is around to see. Expect for Miranda who was following Genevieve.

Miranda saw them together. She also saw her crush trying to tend to Genevieve and it makes her blood boil. But when Genevieve leaves from Christen— Miranda sees her opportunity.

Christen who is trying to gain what just happened, feels someone touch his back. He is hoping when he turns around it's Genevieve— but it isn't.

It's one of his students. He can't really remember her name. Amber? Madison?

"Hey, Professor Stone is everything okay?"

Miranda says with innocent eyes. He looks at her and clears his throat hoping she didn't hear him call Genevieve "Gen".

"Oh yes! Everything is great. Are you umm enjoying the fundraiser?"

During his sentence he keeps looking behind him to see if Genevieve is coming back.

Miranda can see he is looking for her, she knows she needs to get his mind off of Genevieve and his mind on her.

"Professor Stone? Have you ever had the cotton candy at the Kappa V booth? It's so good. We should go get some."

Christen doesn't want to be around any of his students, he only wants to be around his favorite student, his favorite person, his Genevieve.

"Actually I have to go back to my student's project and keep this fundraiser going. Sorry but thank you for the offer. I'll see you in class."

Christen walks off to the middle of the fundraiser not looking back at his student.

Miranda sighs seeing her plan didn't work. But she is determined for it to work in the future. If she wants something, she will do everything to get it.

—————————————————-

Genevieve walks into her dorm, slamming the door behind her. She leans on the door and starts crying from the image of Christen's face.

Heartbroken.

Is the only way Genevieve can describe his face.

Genevieve can feel her body needing to feel something. Genevieve has a history in the past of scratching her face when her emotions take over and she can't control it. Genevieve hasn't done it in awhile. She hasn't lost control in awhile.

Genevieve starts grabbing her clothes with force and clawing at her throat and face. Before it could escalate more, Lacey runs over to the sound of a door slam.

She sees a red marked Genevieve on the floor kicking and hyperventilating.

Lacey runs to her side and knows exactly what to do. She has seen Genevieve like this before. Especially in high school. Genevieve isn't really great at handing stress. She would result to scratching her face to punish her self or try to get the horrible feeling out of her body.

"Gen, look at me it's okay. Breathe. Listen to my voice. I'm here. You are not alone. You are okay."

Lacey softly holds Genevieve's hands away from her face. Genevieve still crying and hyperventilating, needing the feel of something. She lifts her head from the door and Lacey knows what Genevieve is trying to do next.

She moves Genevieve to lay on the floor flat. She keeps talking soft to Genevieve . To let her know she isn't alone.

Slowly Genevieve comes back to reality and sees that Lacey is there with her. Lacey sees Genevieve coming back and lifts her up to hug her. Genevieve clings on
to Lacey.

They sit there till Genevieve's body stops shaking and the feeling of frustration leaves her body.

"L-Lacey I messed u-up"

Genevieve cries on Lacey's shoulder.

"Gen, don't think about it right now. Just think about pulling your mind out of the dark. You can tell me about it later."

Genevieve stays in her embrace when she stops hiccuping. She leans up and looks at her best friend. Genevieve says a small thank you and Lacey smiles back.

They get off the floor, Lacey helps Genevieve to Lacey's bed and lays her down to relax. Lacey walks to go get one of Genevieve's blankets to put it in the dryer.

Wrapping her up in a warm blanket always helps Genevieve calm down.

Genevieve lays on Lacey's bed and watches her best friend come back with a warm blanket, tucking her in.

Lacey lays beside her and looks at Genevieve's face. Seeing all of the light pink marks. Lacey rubs them, helping them disappear into her skin.

"I had to break up with Christen."

A/N: Please know you are loved and worth everything. You are not alone.