37.

Trigger: binge drinking
————————————————

"THAT BITCH DID WHAT?"

Genevieve explained why she was so worked up. And when she did— her best friend is furious.

Lacey has seen many people walk over Genevieve before. Genevieve hates hurting others. So Lacey takes  on the role of trying her best to beat the shit out of people who treats her bestie wrong.

Lacey never met Miranda before, but Genevieve has mention her in the past. But she never thought that Genevieve's drum major would do some shit like this.

"Do the others know?"

Meaning Lewis and Simone. Genevieve shakes her head no. Lacey gets up and walks to her phone that is on her makeup stand. She dials Simone's number.

Her and Lewis met another class. When they found out that they have a mutual friend, they also became friends too.

"Hey Lacey! Where are you? I thought you were coming to the fundraiser."

Lacey doesn't answer their question.

"We have a code red! Is Lewis with you?"

"CODE RED? LEWIS WE HAVE A CODE RED!!"

Genevieve can hear Simone screaming through the phone.

"Y'all need to come to our dorm Now!"

"Okay bitch, we are on our way."

Genevieve smiles at their conversation but is wondering why Lacey called them. Genevieve doesn't mind them coming over to comfort her but she really just wants to sleep.

"We are going to get our hit back on that bitch. Gen, you don't deserve that. She messed with the wrong girl. Cause that bitch don't know me."

Genevieve sits  up letting out a little chuckle. But she is going to tell Lacey that it doesn't have to be like that. Genevieve is already starting to convince herself that Christen will be better off. Even though that isn't the truth.

Before she can shoot down her friend's idea,  their door swigs open.

"WHO THE FUCK I GOT BEAT UP!"

Simone comes in blazing, literally blazing.

"Woah, put that shit out! I can't get caught with that in my room."

Genevieve can't believe Simone is really smoking a joint. Genevieve already knows that they smoke,  but she has never really seen them do it.

Lewis peaks his head in after Simone walks in. Seeing Genevieve sitting on  the bed with puffy eyes. He glides pass Simone and walks his way to Genevieve. Hugging her.

"Gen? Are you okay? You look like you have been crying?"

Genevieve hugs him back and starts to explain what the situation is.

Simone's face drops when they hear that Genevieve was fucking her Professor. On the other hand Lewis wasn't to shock by it. He already had a feeling she liked him.

"Wait, wait, wait. Our drum major did that to you?"

Genevieve nods her head yes.

Simone never really liked Miranda. Their first day of band camp, Miranda never talked to the band kids, only giving them commands. But Genevieve, she is so sweet and nice. All the band kids love her.

"That's why I called you, we need to get back at that bitch. Simone, do you know her schedule?"

"Yeah I do, what you got in mind?"

Simone gives Lacey a devilish smile.

While the two brain storm on what they could do to Miranda. Lewis holds Genevieve, giving her comfort. She can't thank her friends enough for loving her and willing to do things for her.

"Brooo! We could put mustard in her hair!"

Genevieve leans up off of Lewis's chest.

"No! We are not hurting or embarrassing her. Y'all I love you guys but please we don't have to take it that far."

"Gen I was kidding."

Simone says in a untruthfully tone.

"But we can blackmail her back. Gen look, we won't hurt her or embarrass her in front of others. Or even get us put in jail. We just got to play fire with fire. If that bitch want the smoke, shit let us be the whole fucking fire department."

Genevieve laughs at her idea but it isn't a bad one. As long as they can blackmail her in private the way Miranda did her— Genevieve will play along.

The group went full "Mean Girls" on the plan. They bring out Lacey's chalk board and sent up a whole plan. Genevieve doesn't really listen to the plan, she is to busy wondering how Christen is doing.

—————————————————

The fundraiser is over and Christen drives himself back to his house without Gen. He was hoping after the fundraiser they could go back to his house and spend the weekend together. But that all changed when Genevieve told him that she needs space.

Christen walks into his house, slamming the door. He doesn't know what to do. He is angry, hurt, and lost. All he wants is Genevieve.

Christen walks to his office and opens up his liquor cabinet. He 
starts drinking the pain away. Hoping that when he wakes up from his binge—Genevieve will be there rubbing his back and loving him.

The thought of Genevieve escalates to the future. Living together, marriage, and maybe having kids (if Genevieve wants too).

Christen begins to feel his tears roll down his face. All he can really do is stare at his huge window of the city and drink.

Christen sits there in the same spot drinking till the sun comes up. Not once did his mind think about anything else other then Genevieve.

"What did I do wrong?" Takes  another sip.