29.

"Congrats!"

One of her classmates say to her. Genevieve smiles back, still not fully taking it in. Yes, their idea is a really good one— but there are others who had good ideas too. She is happy they won, but she is also anxious to work with Christen.

After taking some time to collect her thoughts, she turns around to walk up to her seat. Only a few steps closer to the seat her ears catch laughter at the door.

She turns her head still walking up and sees Simone and Lewis smiling, waving each other goodbye. Genevieve smiles at their interaction.

She watches Lewis's every move walking closer to the paper on the board. Genevieve waits for his reaction.

Lewis turns around once it really sets in and looks straight at her. He jumps up and runs to his seat next Genevieve.

"Holy shit, we really won!"

Genevieve laughs at how excited he is. They shortly talk about their win before Christen walks in and takes Genevieve's attention.

Genevieve can never get over how good looking the man is. His style fits him and his body well. He is sophisticated, and he holds this aura of him that just screams power.

The more she stares, the more Lewis sees. Lewis started to have a feeling from the beginning of the week that she may have a crush on their Professor.

Lewis understands, he is a good looking man. But there were times he caught their Professor staring back at Genevieve. He doesn't want to intrude into her life. He feels he has done enough. He lets it go.

Class goes well like every other class they had this week. Genevieve does her work and when she is done she either talks with Lewis, or she reads her book. She has been reading her book a lot more since she has more time on her hands. She guesses that's a plus that comes from their departure.

"Good job today, have a good rest of your day. Also I need to see the winners after class. Thank You."

Genevieve's heart starts to pound. She is going to have to talk to Christen. She is hoping she doesn't make a foul out of herself. But Lewis will be there, so it won't be that awkward.

When after class arrives, her and Lewis stay behind and make their way to Christen's desk. Genevieve's body goes into panic. Her hands start to clam up and her forehead starts to sweat. What a hot look she thinks to herself.

Lewis and her give each other a couple of looks before Christen finally tells them why they are staying after class.

"Sorry to hold y'all back from the rest of your day—but I need to talk to you about your idea and how I can help make it come reality. What I am thinking since I moved the the fundraiser back till next week . The days you have a classes with me, we all three work on your art together after class. Does that sound okay with you two?"

Genevieve hears half of what he said, her mind is to busy thinking about the last time he talked to her. Her mind doesn't help her one bit today.

Lewis sees that Genevieve is kinda out of it and speaks up to help her out.

"Yeah I'm good with that. Thank you for the help."

Lewis says while looking at his Professor who at the moment is crossing his arms and showing off his upper body.

Genevieve finally gets the strength to say something back.

"Yeah, I'm cool with it."

Cool? Really? She thinks after her words leave her mouth.

Christen smiles at the both of them but smiling a little longer at Genevieve. After a few seconds of silence, he tells them they can leave. They make their way to the door when Genevieve feels a hand on her shoulder.

She first thinks it's Christen but when she looks, she sees a supporting Lewis by her side. At the way he is looking at her makes Genevieve feel like he knows everything that is going on. Genevieve feels better knowing that Lewis is there with her.

Meanwhile Christen watches Genevieve's every move and wishes she will turn her head around once to show him that she is okay. He doesn't exactly know how Genevieve feels at the moment. He knows he messed up. The more they don't talk, the more the gap gets bigger.

He doesn't want to ruin anything for her. She works hard for everything she has in life. He doesn't want her to lose any of that.

He leans back in his chair with his hands on his head. He sighs knowing that he is going insane just being so close to her and not being able to wrap his arms around her—and kiss her strawberry lips.

He misses her laugh, he misses her smile. Even though he sometimes sees it in class, it isn't the same. She isn't smiling because of him, she is smiling for another reason or for another person.

He is hoping that she still cares for him—even after breaking her heart. And for not being her prince charming that he knows she deserves. He wants to be that for her but he doesn't know where to start.

He cusses at himself for complaining like a fucking high scholar. But then again high school kids probably have more balls to run after their person. He then again cusses at himself.

"Grow up Christen. You sure as hell messed up this time."