Chapter 1: Losing Hope

Qoute:

'The little things? the little moments?-they aren't little.' -unkown.

--------------- --------- 

Villainess and villains 

They often are misunderstood. No, they aren't born, they are created, created by humans for their own amusements.

This world is full of vicious creatures, one wrong move and you are in trouble, everyone will think you are a monster. One wrong word said and you will be seen as a bully.

Expressing emotions is the last thing you wanna do, because the day you let your emotion lash out will be the last day of your peaceful life.

WHy?

Because those emotions will be seen as nothing, people will only think of it as a 'dramatic' behavior to either gain affection or attention.

Feelings are never taken seriously, Atleast hers never are. 

And Penelope knew that, she knew it better than anyone else.

She experienced it, she knew she was the 'Villainess' in this life and she didn't bother changing that fact, because by the time she had faced the reality it was too late, too late to change anything, too late to go back, and too late to turn around. 

The birds chirped their goodnights, the bats now fully awake, the trees slowly drying, leaves and flowers are dying showing a sign of the upcoming winter.

Penelope is quite fond of winter, as it is the time when the coldness takes over her body making her numb to anything and everything. She didn't mind not having more than one thin blanket, because she was numb to cold.

She stood staring at the knife, she stole when she sneaked out, the room was dark except the slight moonlight that entered through the window, and was reflecting on her beautiful turquoise eyes which held no emotions. 

(The picture is from 'Stepmother's Marchan' so it's not mine, Found it on google

(The picture is from 'Stepmother's Marchan' so it's not mine, Found it on google.)

'No one would care if i end it right now, right?' she foolishly asked herself.

'Of course on one would, why would they? Remember, they always wished that you never existed, so now fulfill their wish, end it Penelope, end it all.' the inner voice in her mind spoke. 

"That's right, I will fulfill their wish.....my wish. I will finally be at peace." she mumbled as she slowly reached for the knife.

Pointing the knife towards her stomach, ready to stab herself, there were no good bye letters, her hands weren't trembling nor did she have any tears in her eyes. If anything she was happy, happy that she will be at peace after this.

'Just a little pain, penelope. Just a little more after this you will be free.' she thought, closing her eyes. Her countdown began.

3