Side story [1]

Quote: "When you have a dream, you've got to grab it and never let go."- Carol Burnett

-------------  ----------- ------- ------- ---

Granny's pov:

Life of a royal is not as easy and lexiouras as people make it seem. Sometimes it's even worse than being a beggar. Sure you have money but that's not everything.

*Sigh*

"You highness, you should let it go. It's been 18 years." said my personal maid.

18 years is a long time. But not for me.

It seemed like yesterday when my daughter in law gave birth to her youngest kids, and passed away.

I have regretted it every day for 18 years.

Flash back

"Your highness, Her Majesty gave birth to twins!" a maid informed me.

"Oh! Omg! Let's go! Hurry!" I said with happiness as I ran to the labor room.

*Click*

Opening the door, I expected to see my grandchildren and my daughter.
"Your highness, her majesty sadly passed away. She lost too much blood." the midwife said.

I did see my daughter, she just wasn't here.

'NO! I can't lose myself.' I thought about trying to muster my courage up.

"The twins?" I questioned.

"Only the prince survived. The princess....she did not breathe." the midwife answered.

"Where is she? Where is the princess?" I clarified.

"YOUR HIGHNESS! You can not! It's not clean!" the maid yelled.

"Not CLeAN?! I am Asking you to bring me my grandchild! ANd since when do you order me around? Let me see HER. RIGHT THIS INSTANT!" I roared at the maid.

Who the fuck are you to tell me what's the right thing to do?

"Y-Your highness, He-here." The maid handed me the child.

The child seemed peaceful. So peaceful. She had blonde hair just like her father. How pretty. She and her brother both had the same hair. I bet they have the same eyes too.

Unknowingly my vision seemed to get blurry and my ears were filled with the loud crying of my little prince.

This was the day that I wished I could change. But unfortunately I don't have the power to do so.

Flash back end.

Forgive me Regina, I couldn't save your daughter nor could I give Charlos or his brother a happy childhood.

It seems rather than being together and one, they have drifted apart. And my asshole son played a very big part in this.

I want him to regret his choices of abandoning his sons. 

In Sodiana

Ballroom

Third person pov:

"HIS HIGHNESS THE EMPEROR HAS ARRIVED!" the guard announced the arrival.

The music and the dancing of the nobles stopped as they all bowed in courtesy.

"Continue." a very stern and cold voice spoke.