Chapter 2: Nightmare

Qoute:

'If you want to fly in the sky, you need to leave the earth.'-unknown. 

------------ ----------------- -------

Next morning

The birds chirped as they acknowledged the start of a new day and a new chapter. The bright and warm sunlight made its way through the window.

"*Knock* Lady" called a maid, 'weird' thought the maid, penelope never locks her door, no matter the reason.

"Hmm? Who?" Penelope said as she got up while rubbing her eyes, like a child. 

(Something like this)

'Idiot wake up! THat damn maid is here,' said the inner voice.

Hearing the word 'maid' made Penelope's eyes shut open.

"Damn it..." murmured Penelope as she walked towards the man and covered his face with the blanket and gave him an apologetic look before making her way to the door.

Penelope's pov:

'Ahh I really hope this works, pls let this work,' I mentally prayed as I opened the door a bit and peeked from the crack.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Ah, lady, it's time to wash your face, then take a bath and then for breakfast." the maid said as she stared at me with disgust, well that was expected.

"Hand me the water and the food, I will have it on my own since I am on prohibition, and don't bother sending lunch." I replied, there's no need, if the breakfast is this rotten, then the lunch will be worse and I, right now, do not want to deal with these pests.

I took, well more like, snatched the water and the food and closed the door, before giving her the chance to say.

"Haaa.." I let out a deep sigh.

I looked at the man. He will surely need something to eat. I can go on without eating for weeks but he can't, plus he is injured badly! I can't feed him rotten food!

This is exhausting...

"Guess I have no other choice...huh" I said as I made my way to my dressing table and took a bag out from the drawer.

I was neglected and was given rotten food, and since the day I decided to face the reality, My night visits to the garden increased, for a sole reason, to pluck fruits. Not like I had an escort or someone who could stop me. So I just did what I needed to survive, but the thing is I never felt like eating them, it seems I have developed an eating disorder, not that I care. I've stopped caring for my life for a while now.

Right now, I had 3 apples, 2 oranges, some berries and grapes and some cherries. And 2 jar of water.

This should last the guy for a week right?