Chapter 8: The start

Qoute: 'You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it through the end.'-unknown. 

--------------- ------ ----- ---- --- -- -

('...' people wisherping in the background......yk like people gossiping and stuff)

Third person pov:

Penelope had reached the Palace. Emily walked out first and helped Penelope get out of the carriage.

'Not much has changed. Tsk I will have to deal with those dogs.' Penelope taught as she looked around.

"What are you looking for?" An annoying voice called. Penelope turned around just to see her eldest brother staring at her with unreadable eyes.

'What? What's wrong with you?' Penelope questioned herself.

"Tsk, stop it. You look like an idiot. Not that you aren't one already." Derrick said. His face this time had disgust shown on it.

"What did I do, Young master?" Penelope asked as she stared blankly.

"Let's go. We are late already because of a certain someone." Derrick said as he started making his way towards the palace. He expected Penelope to throw a tantrum.

'Again, what did I do? You were the one who was caught up with work, not ME!' Penelope thought as she clenched her fist.

"Calm down penny. If everything goes as planned, we will be out of here tonight." Inner reassured. She was unusually calm. It worried Penelope.

"DERRICK ECKART AND HIS SISTER PENELOPE ECKART HAS ARRIVED!" the guards auunoced.

The music and the chattering of the lowly peasants stopped, as they all turned their faces towards the massive gold door. They were curious, Not about Derrick but about His adopted Sister, she hadn't shown her face after her debutante. Not even once.

Penelope gracefully entered the room with Derrick. Her face was blank. No emotion shown.

Every soul present in the ballroom was staring intensely at penelope. But did Penelope care?

Nope. Not even a bit.

'Look at her audacity'

'I know, tsk,tsk, I pity the duke. He has to deal with her even after finding his real daughter'

'I bet she threw a tantrum to attend this party.'

'Or maybe she bullied our princess Yvonne.'

'She is so disgusting. Look at her clothes....'

(A/N: Bitch her clothes are just fine! In fact she looks prettier than any of you present! I'm Beyond pissed. And I am the one writing this.... 0_0)

'Tsk, her temper is unbelievable.'

'She acts like an animal whenever she throws a tantrum.'

The room was filled with gossip, mainly about Penelope. Their eyes were filled with pure negative emotions such as disgust, hate, loath and arrogance.

Except for one specific Individual.

His eyes contain different emotions. They contained the one opposite to others such as shock, relief, surprise, longing, desperation but there was no sign of disgust nor hate.

His beautiful turquoise eyes widened and the world around seemed to have stopped, as his light blonde locks of hair waved with the wind.