Chapter 16: Home

Quote: 'The purpose of our lives is to be happy.'-Dalai Lama

---------- -------- ---- -- -

Next day:

Third person pov:

Eckart mansion, Eroka

Yvonne's room:

"My lady, you have a letter." Amy spoke.

"Give me." a cheerful voice answered as she opened the letter and dismissed her maid.

Hello Yvonne,

How are you? I hope you are doing well. It's been a long time hasn't it? I hope you are eating well. I write this letter today to tell you that I have found my biological family. Don't worry, I will never forget you, you will always be my sister. And if you want to write to me, then send the letter to 'traven xxxxx xxx xxxxxx Sodiana'. I go under the name of dira. I don't have much time right now. So I will take my leave first but I hope you have a good time. Take good care of yourself.

Ps: I will tell you everything in detail in the next letter.

Till we meet again.

Your sis,

Dira.

Yvonne smiled cheerfully as she read the letter. Now she can write to her sister too. And she knew about the whitlocks. Her father had told them. 'Father had asked Brother Derrick to find sister before the whitlocks.' Yvonne frowned when she thought that. She doesn't get her family, first her brothers had hated her sister and wanted her gone but now they want to bring her back in the family?

'I really don't get them.' thought Yvonne as she tilted her head.

*Knock**knock*

"Princess, it's breakfast time." called Amy.

"Coming!"

Location: Dining hall

"Father!" Yvonne greeted.

"Morning, sweetie." the duke forced a smile. You can clearly see the black bags under his eyes.

"Are you alright?" asked Yvonne concerned. The duke had buried himself in work and work after penelope left. Because, he doesn't want any free time as that will only make him remember his mistakes and regrets.

"Mhm" hummed the duke. He wasn't alright. There was no trace of Penelope anywhere. His sons have checked everywhere. He himself has gone to search, but found nothing. And everyday all he could ever think of was how he never gave Penelope the love she deserved and how he neglected and broke her trust. He hates himself for ruining a poor child's life. He clearly knew the consequences of adopting a child but he ignored it and he will do anything to make it up to his daughter.

*slam!*

The door was slammed open.

"Brother?" asked Yvonne curiously.

"Reynold found her." Derrick stated.

*Clack* "Where? How is she?" asked the duke as he slammed his hands on the table.

"In sodiana. He spotted her in town last night. It seems she is living in a tavern." Derrick answered.

"Well then let's hurry. I'll see you later sweetie." Duke bid goodbye to yvonne.

Stunned, Yvonne was stunned.

Yvonne's pov:

What? They found her? No. No. She doesn't want to be found. She-she said she is happy. If brothers and father force her to come back. She-she will resent this place more than before.