Chapter 41: The meeting

Quotes: "Believe in yourself. Stay in your own lane. There's only one you." 

—Queen Latifah

------------- -----------------

Third person pov:

Two days later:

"Penelope. What are you doing here?" Mia asked as she made her way towards her niece.

"Oh, I was here with dad, but he started talking to uncle and I got bored. Hehe." Penelope said with a chuckle.

"Liar. I can clearly see through you. What is it dear? Is someone bothering you?" Mia asked as she held her niece's hand.

"Well, not someone bothering me, rather, I am worried about someone." Penelope said as she looked down, a bit embarrassed for no reason.

"Pfft–haha, does my niece fancy someone?" Mia asked as she swayed back and forth.

"No! Absolutely no! I do not fancy someone! Why would fancy him anyway? He is a jerk!" Penelope said with a huff.

"And yet you are worried for the lad." Mia muttered to herself, as she caressed her big belly.

"Aunty." Penelope called out as she stopped walking.

"Yes?" Mia said with a hmm as she turned around to face Penelope.

"DIRAA!!!" a loud familiar voice called out. "Oh no." Penelope muttered as she shrugged and closed her eyes waiting for her bestfriend's bear hug attack.

Diana who was about to give a huge hug to her best friend was stopped by her granny Callista by the collar.

"EHh?" Diana said, surprised.

"Calm down, you are in the palace, behave young lady." Granny said in a stern voice.

"Tsk, I am sorry." Diana mumbled with her cheeks puffed up. Callista and Diana had visited Dradevows as the representative of Eroka, technically the letter they received was an important and urgent one the emperor should be here, but Callista is not trusting her bastard son. Her son can't even make the right decision for his own life, how can she trust him to make right choices for the whole empire when his own house is falling apart?

"Oh my, I forgot about today." Mia said with a soft smile as she welcomed Diana and Callista.

"You knew?" Penelope questioned Mia with a surprise look.

"Sweetie, I wrote the letters. If we had trusted your father and my husband, disaster would have happened." Mia said with a smile.

"I see.....And the fact you know is the exact reason you should go visit obelia, since they have the best magicians." Penelope siad with a 'matter of fact' tone.

"Hahaha, Me? Going to Obelia? I'd rather die." Mia said with a fake chuckle.

"Me too, we relate, I would rather die than go visit Obelia, the emperor is scary." Diana said as she got shivers.

"Haaa, enough talking. We are already late to the meeting, let's not delay it any further." Callista siad with a heavy, exhausted sigh.

"Exactly we are late, why hurry, we're gonna be late either way." Diana muttered as she held Penelope's hand. She and Penelope were walking behind the older ladies.

"Young lady, shut it." Callista siad a bit annoyed. SHe had to listen to Diana ramble their whole ride.

"Yes mam!" Diana said with a salute, as Penelope giggled.

"Young lady! Shut.it." Diana whispered and copied Callista to Penelope, making Penelope's small giggle turn into a hearty laugh.

Third person pov:

The meeting room:

The meeting room is filled with 4 main empire's representatives and emperor's.

Emperor Heinly, from the western kingdom.

Emperor Sovieshu, from the eastern kingdom.

Emperor Claude, from Obelia.

Empress dowager Callista, from Eroka.

Emperor Athan, form Dradevows

And lastly, Abel Heilon, form the Heilon territory.

"What are you talking about? This is utter bullshit!" Sovieshu said, slamming the table.

"I see, then you are very free to leave the kingdom." Athan siad, calmly, as he sorted some of the last documents.

"W-what?" Sovieshu uttered, shocked.

"Hmm? Well. if you don't wish to discuss or agree to the topic then I suggest you talk about your leave." Athan answered.

"And we had specifically explained everything in the letter in detail. So I do not know why you are here if you do not agree with the context of the letter since we had clearly stated to come if it concerns you." Austin said annoyed as he pulled out a chair for Penelope.

"Haaa, let's all drop the formality, I think we should come up with a solution rather than fighting." Callista said with an exhausted sign. They just neutered and chaos had already started.

"We should start by protecting the people."

"It would be easy to inform them and let them know what is up."

"How about sending more soldiers, I am sure they can buy us some time."

"We need more supplies."

"Magic could do the work." "That's right, magicians. But they are very rare."

"At this rate-" And people started discussing the matter among themselves rather than together.

'Seriously, are they really Emperors?' -Penelope thought with a sigh.

*Slam* "Seriously, are you all kids? This is not how you discuss an important matter like this."

"She's right, this is a serious matter.-"

"I think it's an empress's duty.." Sovieshu opened his mouth and argued with Mia but she beat him to it.

"I swear to the lord, one more word out of your mouth and I will murder you. DO not let me show you a pregnant woman." Mia said angrily.

"You honestly do not want to see her worth. I have already died once." Athan said she shook his head lightly, indicating to not go on Mia's bad side. He had been there once and trust him it was death.

"Then what should we do, empress?" Heinly asked as he leaned forward.

"Haaa. First of all, let us ladies handle the brainstorming. And the Emperor Heinley will handle the meeting, if it's not too much to ask. And after coming up with a proper solution. You all will put the solution into action. Bear in mind that you will only find a solution to how to keep the monster in check. And by that means fight them without losing our people. We ladies will figure out how to break this to the public and build a safe place for them. Also do not worry about weapons, we will figure out a way to provide them to the soldiers. Now then. Dismiss." Mia said as she dragged Penelope and Callista out, while Diana already was not in the meeting. She insisted to visit the library to do some more research.

"I do have a choice do i?" Heinley said as he looked at Athan. "Nope. Come on, kiddo, lead the meeting." Athan said happily as he urged Heinley to take his place.

"SO, she is participating?" Austin asked. "Suppose so, it seems my two hour lecture didn't work. Well, I have found a capable midwife who has guaranteed me that she will make sure to find a way for Mia to survive. She is a week away from arriving here, nothing worse can happen in a week anyway. 

Ya, nothing can happen in a week.....or can it?

To be continued~ 

A/N: sorry for the late update, hoped you enjoyed.