Chapter 11: ...idk what to name this chap

Quote: 'Regret is the form of punishment itself.' - Nouman Ali Khan. 

------ - -------- ----- ------- --- -- --- --

Periouvisly:

He didn't know what awaited him was much worse than that.

"Duke Eckart, let me get straight to the point."

Curennt/Continue:  

"I would like to take my daughter, Penelope, back." Duke Whitlock stated.

Dun-dun

The duke was beyond shocked. He couldn't even open his mouth.

"I am sorry,what?" Duke Eckart spoke.

"Penelope's full name is Penelope von Whitlock. I have been traveling around looking for her for around 14 years." Duke Whitelock stated calmly.

DUke Eckart's pov:

What the hell?

This is not possible. No way, Penelope never mentioned anything like this.

"IMPOSSIBLE! When I found her she was sitting and mourning for the loss of her mother!" I said. It came out harsh but right now it doesn't matter.

"14 years ago, we had an ambush in our estate. They overpowered us, my sons were old enough to hide properly but Penelope was 4, and had no control over her emotions. So my wife had to take her and flee from the estate. She left with the intention to come back after she made sure of Penelope's safety. But she never did. We Whitlock tie a lifethread of someone important to us, to make sure of their safety." the Duke spoke.

Utterly nonsense, this doesn't make sense.

I waited patiently for him to continue.

"I sent out search parties and it was found that they were found by a local doctor and he had concluded that my wife had lost memories. I was late, they had left the kingdom. Their lifethread was still red, meaning they were alive. Since then I have searched everywhere. Except for Eroka. 8 years ago my wife's lifethread withered. I would've lost all hope if it weren't for my son's desperate urge and hope to find their sister. I continued the search. And DUke Eckart. Yesterday at the banquet I found my daughter, penelope. And as you can see I am here to bring her back with me. If.....she wishes." He spoke, with every word his voice got a bit slower.

No, this can't be happening. I haven't made up for my mistake yet, i-i bought her in this estate and I pushed her out of it. I can't-no not yet. I-

"I-I can't. Penelope left." I answered. This just came out of my mouth. 

DUke Whitlock's pov:

What did he just say? She left? Ha, the report I got yesterday did state that Penelope was hated by the nobles but.......was she treated the same in this mansion.......?

If-If so then...how-how many years? How long? Damn you Eroka's nobles-damn you!

"What are you saying? Duke Eckart, didn't you adopt her? WHy would she wanna leave?" I asked coldly.

"*deep breaths* It was all my fault, I-I neglected her....and let my sons too.....I- '' at this point the duke was shuttering.

WTF-

No, Austin calm down, it's fine. He must have had his reasons.

"How could you?" I asked very-very calmly. 'I am pissed, rn.'

"*deep breath* I know, it's my fault that Penelope had a hard childhood. But Duke Whitlock, you can't just barge in like this and just ask for your daughter." Duke Eckart said. I swear he is avoiding my real question.