Chapter 34: Going back home

Quote: 'I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.'

― Marilyn Monroe

--------- -------- ------- -

Next morning:

Third person pov:

"Dira, I am going to miss you!" Diana whined as she hugged Penelope tightly.

"Me too, me too." Penelope answered as she patted Diana's head.

"This brat will be going with us?" Lucas asked as he stared intensely at lucifer.

"Young master, language please." Adriana said as she covered Lucifer's ears.

"Tsk."

"Bunny, it's time to leave." Austin said as Penelope broke the hug.

"Guess I will see you later?" Diana asked. Penelope nodded sadly.

"I will visit you soon." Penelope answered as she hugged Diana one last time and made her way towards her father.

"I will miss you all and Augustine I will make sure to write to you every week!!!" Diana yelled with a slight smirk as the carriage moved.

INside the carriage:

"Write to you every week?" Austine said with a raised eyebrow.

"Shut up." Augustine said as he rested his arm on the window and covered his lower face with his hand. A tint of pink made its way to his ears.

"Someone is blushing!" Lucas commented. He earned a smack on his head in return.

"Sistewer" Lucifer, who was sitting quietly on Adriana's lap as she and Penelope chatted, suddenly spoke. He made his way down and to Penelope.

"Sistwer, canwdy." he said as he offered Penelope a chocolate.

"Aww, thank you." Penelope awed as she carried him and cuddled.

"Umm, Duke. WIll Lucifer be staying at Whitlock mansion?" Adriana asked Austin.

"Hmm? Oh ya. Don't worry too much about him. And it seems your father is in a hurry to know your decision on the engagement. So, lady leopold. What do you think about being engaged to my son here?" Austin asked with a genuine smile.

"Umm..."

The carriage became dead silent.

"Nw! No. No him!" Lucifer chimed in. As he aggressively pointed towards lucas.

"You do not want him to be your guardian??" Augustine asked with a smirk. Lucifer seemed to understand something and nodded cutely. He hid himself in Penelope's shoulders as he felt everyone's eyes on him.

"Pfft-" Austin and Augustine.

"Brat!" Lucas muttered under his breath.

"If Lucifer wants to see sister in law then she has to marry brother Lucas. Or else Lucifer will rarely be able to see her..." Penelope said acting sad.

"Nooo...don't want that..." Lucifer whined.

"It is Lady Leopold's decision. Let her decide." Austin said as he looked at Adriana. Adriana nervously glanced at Lucas and then back at Austin.

"I-...I accept the engagement." Adriana answered.

"AWESOME!!!" Lucas yelled out of happiness. All eyes in the room on him~ I mean in the carriage.