Chapter 40: WHAT? HOW? AND WHO?

Quote: "Love your family, work super hard, live your passion."

-unknown

----------------- ---------------- ---------------

Third person pov:

Dradevow's palace:

Hallway:

"Ugh i am lost again!!" Penelope groaned as she stomped her feet annoyed. She should have not refused when the Empress told her that the knight can escort her out, but Penelope was being stubborn for no reason and politely declined the offer. Now as you can see or read she is regretting her decisions.

"This is boring. I walked too far, and why are there no servants here, what happened? Is this like a forbidden area or something?" Penelope muttered as she held one shoe in each hand, ready to defend herself if someone (assassins) attacked.

"What? Repeat yourself." A voice called out. Penelope turned around scared.

"Haaa, Eroka's army is slowly falling." a rather familiar voice said. Penelope neared the room.
"Father and uncle?" she muttered as she peeked in the room quietly.

"Damn it. Even the so-called 'god of war'?" asked Athan with deep concern.

"Yes, even charlos, heck even Callisto has joined. Nothing is going as we planned." Austin answered, resting his hand on his head.

"Do we need to gather the emperors and have a meeting?" Athan asked.

"Yes, it certainly looks like it. At the worst, each other country's force would have to join, we are losing people faster than we thought. And what's worse is that we don't even know how large their army is." Austin said, agreeing to Athan's question.

"One thing is certain, their army is growing day by day....almost...almost..." Athan was interrupted.

"Almost like they are doubling, in other words, they are reproducing a copy of themselves everyday." Penelope said as she entered the room.

"Penny! What are you..."

"Father, Charlos...Is he fine!? No wonder I couldn't reach him." Penelope siad, almost yelling.

"What are you doing here?" Austin asked as he got up.

"Dad, please don't ignore my question. And also what does it mean by falling, are they really that big? If they get larger everyday, then we must inform the citizens and the people. We can not keep them in the dark!" Penelope yelled.

"Oh.my.god." Austin exclaimed as he covered his mouth, tears forming in his eyes.
"What?" Athan said irritatedly.

"My daughter called me 'dad'." Austin said, holding back tears.

"DAD!!/BROTHER!" Penelope and Athan yelled annoyed. Can her father please be serious? Is this not a serious situation for him?

"Okay, okay. Let's all take a seat and drink something cool first-"Austin stopped as he felt angry glares directed at him.

"Fine, I am sorry, let's get down to business. Should I call for some refreshment?" asked Austin with a tight smile.

"No." Both Penelope and Athan answered at the same time as Penelope stole Austin's seat.
"You influence my daughter." Austin muttered angrily at Athan as he pulled out a chair to sit. Athan just shook his head.

'He acts more like a child than Penelope. Or me.' Athan thought.

"Okay so is charlos alright?" Penelope asked again.

"You care about more than the actual situation don't you?" Athan asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yess, ofcourse, he is my friend!" Penelope argued.

"Haa, the apple really doesn't fall far." Athan muttered while Austin reassured Penelope of Charlos being safe.

"Okay moving on, let's get a few things straight." Austine suggested as the three started to converse, on what to do next.

................

...........

....

...

..

.

"Okay so the things we found were:

The monsters have been doubling themselves and there is someone behind this, as monsters don't have brains. Which seems legit.

We have lost many people and apparently, according to you two, the largest empires had long joined hands to fight the monsters.

We are definitely not telling the people about this, as they will panic which will then lead them to make completely dumb decisions and die. Also very legit.

We are supposed to make a safe place where people who are unable to fight can rest safely. Fair enough,

Me and Aunty definitely cannot even take a step near the battlefield...okay..wait WHAT?!!! WHY???"

Penelope stated as she glared at the two men sitting in front of her expecting an answer.

"Yess, you heard it crystal clear. You and Mia, can't no, uh uhh." Athan said as he shook his head.
'Father."

"Hmmm?" Austin said, sipping his tea.

"Haaa, ya thanks for caring about us, but I will definitely not stay away, not after what I just heard." Penelope said with an exhausted sign.

"But sweetie..."

"Let's write letters to the empires." Penelope said, as she stood up to go and grab paper.

"She is not backing down." Athan siad with a sign.

"Mhm, I have to protect her with everything." Austin stated. ANd with that the three proceeded to write letters to the emperors.

Soon a meeting will be held, including, Eroka, Dradevows and Obelia empire, a firm decision will be made as a war that is bound to destroy many people's homes and take their loved ones away, will take place.

Can they survive this? Or will Penelope lose someone very precious to her?

To be continued~

Author:  I AM BACCCKKK!!! I FINALLY HAVE SOME KIND OF INSPIRATION!! I AM SOOO GLAD!! <3

So what do we think? will anyone survive and who is the mastermind behind doubling the monsters?

ALSO WAR TIMEEEE!!! i am excited to write more.